OT: Around the NHL: Talk about a barn burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What was that deal?

I think it was Sutter + Pouliot and something else for Ryan Kesler?

Kesler is a piece of **** though, so I am ok with how that all worked out. We got Bones and he was good part of the back 2 backs.
It was around that deal. Kesler is a POS but he would have been our POS, like Matt Cooke.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was around that deal. Kesler is a POS but he would have been our POS, like Matt Cooke.
Yeah but he would have also wrecked our CAP for getting certain players. Bones ended up being a decent addition while not killing our cap and allowing JR more maneuverability.

Canucks in the end got both Sutter (Lmao) and Pouliot (now a healthy scratch) and neither is what they thought they were.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Have to give props to Washington. Depleted team and there they are again. Top of the division again.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Vasilevskiy is left handed but catches with his left hand. He said he had no choice because when he was younger they didn’t have right handed catching gloves where he was.

So Tampa have 2 left handed goalies but catch with different hands :laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
All-Star teams are announced tomorrow. I'll try and guess just the Metro:

Believe it's 7F's, 3D, 2G's and need 1 guy from each team.

Ovie - Captain (WSH)
Phil (PIT)
Hall (NJ)
Tavares (NYI)
Giroux (PHI)
Lee (NYI)
Sid, Geno or Panarin has my last F spot...

Slavin or Faulk (CAR)
Jones or Werenski (CBJ)
Carlson, Letang or Gostisbhere has my last D spot...

Lundqvist (NYR)
Bobrovsky (CBJ)

Think theres a good chance that even tho Sid/Tanger have been poop for the most part that one of em gets an invite.... Think atleast 1 of G or Sid get invited too. Phil's 100% there.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Kunitz puts Tampa up over Canes! He was there

EDIT: They called it offside. Apparently he wasn’t there.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The hockey Gods want CAR to win this.
I also can't understand how CAR doesn't get whistled for penalties more often. They're an NHL team, not Saints.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Kind of weird how terrible Kunitz is somehow on the top line of yet another insanely talented team..

Almost like people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to whipping boys on here

He’s playing there tonight but he’s 10th in average TOI on the team. He’s a 4th liner and played mostly there

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s playing there tonight but he’s 10th in average TOI on the team. He’s a 4th liner and played mostly there

He’s a great player and was throughout his tenure here and the amount of shit he gets is frankly ridiculous.

Funny how many Pens fans insulted their bottom six having Cally and Kuni in it and both of those players have looked really solid every time I watch the Lightning.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He’s a great player and was throughout his tenure here and the amount of **** he gets is frankly ridiculous.

Funny how many Pens fans insulted their bottom six having Cally and Kuni in it and both of those players have looked really solid every time I watch the Lightning.

I'll speak to Kunitz and the posters I respect.

ALL of us wanted Kunitz in a 4th line role. The problem was, our coaching staff could not keep him there. He was constantly put in the top 6 where it doesn't work. But when Kunitz was on L4, he was crazy good. I really enjoyed his time here. The problem was, we were using him incorrectly.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
He’s a great player and was throughout his tenure here and the amount of **** he gets is frankly ridiculous.

He was awesome here for most of the time. Started falling away pretty good after the Olympics. Got played higher than he should have which was why he got grief. If he played 3/4th line minutes in the last couple years probably would have got less criticism.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

ALL of us wanted Kunitz in a 4th line role. The problem was, our coaching staff could not keep him there. He was constantly put in the top 6 where it doesn't work. But when Kunitz was on L4, he was crazy good. I really enjoyed his time here. The problem was, we were using him incorrectly.

Worked for one cup and basically spot duty to change momentum in a series that ended in another one.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

Yeah exactly. Coaches found any excuse to play him in the top 6 even though he sucked there for the better part of 2 years. He'd suck in the top 6 for 20 games, play well in the bottom six for like 2 games, then be back in the top 6 sucking for another 20 games. He was a great top 6er for a long time here, not the WHOLE time he was here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He was awesome here for most of the time. Started falling away pretty good after the Olympics. Got played higher than he should have which was why he got grief. If he played 3/4th line minutes in the last couple years probably would have got less criticism.

Kuni - Malkin - Rust was arguably the best line in terms of the system we were running in 15-16 and he came up huge in the Ottawa and Nashville series in 16-17.

He got old, everyone does. He changed his game to suit his age and the vast majority of this board ridiculed him for it. Guess it doesn’t matter when you have the hardware he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad