OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, I think we have a better team, but I could easily see Matthews - Tavares - Kadri winning a cup on their own.
Kadri is such a piece of shit, but such an effective player at being a piece of shit. He's their 3C, having that kind of depth is very very good. But the cap they want to tie up into Tavares, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander is going to make it tough to fix that defense of theirs. Because they are not winning anything with that defense, Reilly is solid but after that, it's a whole lot of meh.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ovy is partying with the cup like it's the last he'll win.

Which is correct.

He actually ripped a piece off the cup so it'd stay with him forever.

c_3_150918084529.gif

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so tampa just locked up Kucherov for 8 years at 9.5M AAV. how the heck are they gonna fit EK in there?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
so tampa just locked up Kucherov for 8 years at 9.5M AAV. how the heck are they gonna fit EK in there?
They have to move that Callahan contract for sure. But Girardi and Coburn come off the books next season, that gives them 8m and some change back in salary and likely another move if they need to. But the loss of Callaan + Girardi + Coburn means they can afford Karlsson for the rest of this season and potentially needing to move 1 more 3-4m contract to fit in his extension.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t see how they do. Point needs a raise next and nobody is taking Callahan or Killorn off their hands.
Rangers are supposedly interested as it would likely come with a sweetener that might make it worth their while and they have the endless amount of cap space to take on a bad contract like that, also a former fan fav.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If NYR wanted Callahan the deal would already be done. Tampa has to pony up.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The mere fact that Lou's franchise player left to go to the guy that replaced him on his ex-team, tells a lot.

The only prayer Lou has now is to make sure Barzal is happy. That should 100% be his focus and to add to the team. I think he's made some intriguing signings, Lehner is a good goalie, a 1yr show me contract is a decent start, also not paying Calvin that idiotic contract was also a good start.

Also, I'm glad Tavares is not on the Isles anymore, but I also hope he never wins anything with the Leafs and they continue their hilarious idiocy in the playoffs.

You do realize the Leafs bottomed out and finished dead last in 2016 and have seen nothing but steady improvement right? Toronto is still a very young team, you speak as if Toronto is some grizzled vet team that has been in the playoffs for years and years when its only been 2 appearances since bottoming out. I didn't know losing to the eventual cup winners the following year in WSH in 6 games all of them being 1 goal games with 9 rookies on the roster and then Boston, a legitimate contender in 7 was considered hilarious.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Why do people have any disdain for the Leafs? They’ve done nothing but fail for 50 years. Let them enjoy actually having a relevant team for the first time since the early ‘90s.

League is in a better place with them being good.

Honestly I got no issue with the Leafs being good. I think people are tired of their fans after the Tavares deal. But I agree theyve had it bad for a good while. Let em enjoy being relevant again. No harm No foul. Wed be doing the same thing if that stupid rumor of us signing Tavares came true.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Honestly I got no issue with the Leafs being good. I think people are tired of their fans after the Tavares deal. But I agree theyve had it bad for a good while. Let em enjoy being relevant again. No harm No foul. Wed be doing the same thing if that stupid rumor of us signing Tavares came true.

Exactly, they just signed the biggest UFA since Chara. I’d brag about it all summer.

Reactions: 7even
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad