OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Good chance he wins #500 before that deal runs out.

$7M cap hit thru 2021-22.

Last edited:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
It's a good deal for them. It might not be a good deal for most teams but he's the face of the franchise right now.

All I hope is that he finishes his career with more wins than Hank. We already know he'll win more cups.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I find it odd how no one of value wanted to go to the Devils, Shero is all sour puss about it.

JVR and Maroon were two guys Shero wanted, Maroon's was a family thing, JVR went to the Flyers instead, lol. I mean they have Hischier and Hall, added Vatanen and have Severson, etc. They even made the playoffs (fluky but still).

Also, it pisses me off that the Bruins got Moore, at 2.75m/yr, I thought he would go for way more, that's such a fantastic contract.

But man, the Devils, they have a great year and suddenly no one wants to stay there, lol.

Shero said he thinks UFA is terrible and point to a player outside of Hossa or Chara that has benefited a champ.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
That's a ridiculous contract for a 34 year old who just had an unsustainable anomaly of a career year but whatever, love the guy and it shouldn't handicap them too much.
Price will be 38 by the end of his bloated contract at + 3.5 per season than Fleury so it's not that big of a deal, probably still too much though.

As for saying his last season with Vegas was an anomaly i have to disagree, Vegas' D was better than the Pens so it showed on MAF's stats.

Knights played team D like crazy, always aware of one another.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Best news I've heard all of off season. No clambering to sign him as a UFA even though it would make zero sense for either side.

7m/yr.

Yeeesh.

I guess as much as I don't like it, we're gonna say that sort of thing with Murray. If he stays healthy for the rest of this contract, sure, 6.5m/yr sounds good, but if he's still missing 10-15 or 20 games a season, f*** that. @ColePens I saw your post, but my hesitation is Murray's health.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I am sure that judge also did not coincidentally get four box tickets to the next 20 years of Finals games in the mail just prior to the decision.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Last week at a wrestling show in Philadelphia, Elias (who is quickly becoming Plum Borough’s 3rd best export behind Pat McAfee and my very own father) got some digs in at the crowd in a most enjoyable way. From name dropping Sidney Crosby multiple times to making fun of Rocky and signing a song about the Flyers 43 year Stanley Cup drought it’s a master class in heel technique that can’t be refuted. Soak up the boos to go with the sunshine and have yourself a Saturday.

Saturday: Bellerive recovering, WWE’s Elias roasts Philadelphia and the Flyers

Reactions: 66-30-33

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I thought this part below was interesting:
When the Golden Knights claimed Fleury, goaltending coach Dave Prior felt Fleury could be better than ever before, one of the top five goaltenders in the NHL.
Prior was right.
Simply put, Prior focuses on positioning more than mechanics. He wants his goaltenders to hold their ground to give shooters less of the net. To do that, his goaltenders need to be athletic enough to explode laterally when necessary, as Fleury is. Fleury tweaked his game and was even better than his final numbers showed.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
So what everybody who doesn’t know **** about goaltending knew about Fleury, was only illuminated to him once he left Pittsburgh?
Well, we now know why Dave Prior was bubbling foam over him.

It would have been interesting to have Prior in Pittsburgh then maybe we keep MAF over Murray? J/K ;)

Seriously though, had MAF tweaked his game with the Pens, one more cup?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm actually shocked.

Crazy how the NFL got what they deserved but the NHL dodged it.
Nah, the NFL is barely paying out anything. They essentially just tell players they don't have CTE, even if doctors disagree and they don't pay them a penny. There are a million loopholes in that settlement. HBO Real Sports did a segment on it a few weeks back. Disgusting tactics.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad