Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I tried the expansion draft - using the crowd-sourced suggestions to save time.
Put no forethought into it, whatsoever.
Team ends up looking like this:
Forwards
Hagelin Lowry Carter - not a ton of offense, but probably underrated.
Laughton Henrique Bennett - hard to play against
Larsson Turris Jarnkrok - Meh.
Bellows Howden Moore - Not sure which is L3 and which is L4
(Balcers/Givani Smith/Hagel/Stenlund)
Defense
Skjei Tanev - OK top pairing
Graves Cernak - Good second pairing.
Dunn Miller - Very good third pairing.
(C Fleury, Lauzon, Bowey)
Goal
Khudobin-Campbell - Good tandem
(Talbot/Gustavsson)
This team won't be the worst team in the league.
I could easily see Seattle overdrafting D and trading them.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The Great Wall of China in net.

upload_2021-7-12_7-5-29.png

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I tried the expansion draft - using the crowd-sourced suggestions to save time.
Put no forethought into it, whatsoever.
Team ends up looking like this:
Forwards
Hagelin Lowry Carter - not a ton of offense, but probably underrated.
Laughton Henrique Bennett - hard to play against
Larsson Turris Jarnkrok - Meh.
Bellows Howden Moore - Not sure which is L3 and which is L4
(Balcers/Givani Smith/Hagel/Stenlund)
Defense
Skjei Tanev - OK top pairing
Graves Cernak - Good second pairing.
Dunn Miller - Very good third pairing.
(C Fleury, Lauzon, Bowey)
Goal
Khudobin-Campbell - Good tandem
(Talbot/Gustavsson)
This team won't be the worst team in the league.
I could easily see Seattle overdrafting D and trading them.

We should be doing everything in our power to get guys like Dunn and Skjei.

I am kind of hoping GMs overcompensate for this last expansion draft, and don't want to do a new expansion team any favors, and would be more willing to deal these kind of guys to a team like us with draft picks/cap space to burn.

Reactions: MBH

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
We should be doing everything in our power to get guys like Dunn and Skjei.

I am kind of hoping GMs overcompensate for this last expansion draft, and don't want to do a new expansion team any favors, and would be more willing to deal these kind of guys to a team like us with draft picks/cap space to burn.
Skjei would be a coup at the right price.

Dunn, I could take it or leave it at near cap dump price....soft, healthy scratch, defensively inept Dmen who are sheltered #4's on a strong defensive juggernaut contender (STL), won't look too hot in DET.

If I'm Army, I'm trying to unload either Faulk or Krug depending on L/R depth. Neither contract will age well. Since they're still in win now mode maybe they keep both & losing Dunn isn't that bad. Tarasenko asked to be traded, if they can turn that into a break even or win, that'd be huge to retool & possibly compete again.

Reactions: MBH

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Skjei would be a coup at the right price.

Dunn, I could take it or leave it at near cap dump price....soft, healthy scratch, defensively inept Dmen who are sheltered #4's on a strong defensive juggernaut contender (STL), won't look too hot in DET.

If I'm Army, I'm trying to unload either Faulk or Krug depending on L/R depth. Neither contract will age well. Since they're still in win now mode maybe they keep both & losing Dunn isn't that bad. Tarasenko asked to be traded, if they can turn that into a break even or win, that'd be huge to retool & possibly compete again.

I'll disagree on Dunn. I think he could flourish in a new environment. Look at the possession numbers that guy consistently puts up.

If you pair him with Seider, I think he would do a lot better than any of the LD we have would.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
For how loathed he seems to be by fans he has always been rumored for front office jobs. Has been for years. I don't mind the guy and wish him luck in Ottawa.
He's loathed by fans because he's worse at interviewing players than the average person you just snag off the street. He drops lots of useless information about how sweet their granny is, is just awkward and cringey and doesn't ask interesting questions. His jokes are bad, and he's pretty weird looking to boot. There's just nothing appealing about him as a TV personality.

Now I also tend to disagree with him, but that's a case for a lot of people in hockey circles. So I think he'll be fine, but probably not good, as an executive. He's among the worst national sports analysts I've ever seen but that doesn't mean he can't be okay off camera

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For how loathed he seems to be by fans he has always been rumored for front office jobs. Has been for years. I don't mind the guy and wish him luck in Ottawa.

I don't understand the hate at all. He's loves the sport, he's always enthusiastic, and he works hard to explain things to fans that maybe aren't as savvy as some of us.

His big personality obviously rubs people wrong, but I kind of find it infectious more than off-putting. I guess I'm not adverse to people who aren't "TV professional" all the time.

I really think it's become a case of people seeing an easy target with his looks and quirks and then dogpiling on someone who doesn't fit the typical mold. Fair enough. If that's how people want to spend their energy, have at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
Vegas caught so many breaks, no way does that happen again. GMs should have learned from that too.

I disagree. The situations and the behavioural considerations that GM's face are the same. I am sure we will see deals like Florida, Columbus, Minnesota and Aneheim made last time in this round of expansion that look like overcompensation before the end of the Kraken's first season.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Caleb Jones, a 4th rounder....and NO retention? Bowman is just rolling on the floor laughing with that deal.

Geez Kenny, you really should have listened to yourself when you said you would retire when Lidstrom did.

But hey. As long as Kevin Lowe exists in the Edmonton organization, these things will continue to happen.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Caleb Jones, a 4th rounder....and NO retention? Bowman is just rolling on the floor laughing with that deal.

Geez Kenny, you really should have listened to yourself when you said you would retire when Lidstrom did.

But hey. As long as Kevin Lowe exists in the Edmonton organization, these things will continue to happen.
@JShannonhl
·
20m
Duncan Keith for Caleb Jones and a 3rd round pick.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Classic Kenny. Tying up $5.5 million of your cap to Keith for the next two years while trying to win today with McDavid...

I dunno, man.

How many guys has Holland sought out that ended up being the very last stop of their career? It feels like above average.

Reactions: golffuul

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Classic Kenny. Tying up $5.5 million of your cap to Keith for the next two years while trying to win today with McDavid...

I dunno, man.

How many guys has Holland sought out that ended up being the very last stop of their career? It feels like above average.
Oiler fans are beyond livid lol

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad