OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It just caught me off guard. I didn't know taking runs at players in blowout losses was "leadership." He's a heck of a player, and I'd be a fan of him if he were on the Pens. Regardless of what sweater he's wearing, I don't see him as a leader.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hate Boston and the Leafs play a very entertaining brand of hockey. For those reasons I want a leafs win in game seven.

Reactions: ncm7772

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m just so looking forward to the BOS-TOR game tonight..last game was crazy, such exciting hockey...I hope this game is equally entertaining....

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
If the Leafs somehow win tonight, that will soften the blow of losing Malkin and Hagelin.

My hatred for their fanbase could turn into a debilitating phobia.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the Leafs are going to win. I don't have a good feeling about the Bruins for some reason.

I think it's the opposite. I think the past two games were a wake-up call for the Bruins, and they'll come out with their best effort of the series.

I think the Leafs threw their best at the Bruins and barely squeaked by with two wins.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think it's the opposite. I think the past two games were a wake-up call for the Bruins, and they'll come out with their best effort of the series.

I think the Leafs threw their best at the Bruins and barely squeaked by with two wins.

Yeah usually the team that comes back from 3-1 loses game 7. And its usually not close.

Hoping for a good game at least.

So far the 2nd round is set with perfect matchups..all of the favorites advanced(sharks were lower seed but came on hot at end of season). Will Boston complete that or be the odd team out

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why is the most miserable f***ing dolt the color guy for these games with Doc? Good lord we have nobody else?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can’t believe Milbury is calling this game...he’s going to cry, isn’t he, if the Bruins lose tonight?

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the Leafs are going to win. I don't have a good feeling about the Bruins for some reason.

One thing you CANNOT do is dominate 2 games and lose them. Toronto has to dominate one game. If it's Game 7, Boston will equally have their heart ripped out as Toronto did a few years ago.

Reactions: BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You know I’m starting to believe that it doesn’t matter who comes out of this series because I think they’ll both be road kill for TB...that said, I hate Boston and their fans and I only hate Toronto’s fans, so by default, Toronto....I’m just hoping for a really exciting game....

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The only 2 ways I see this going: Just going with the first thought that pops up in my head: Boston 5-1.

Why? You cannot give a team 30+ chances a night and come out ahead on a consistent basis. Eventually pucks will go in. It happens. Boston explodes (that first line especially).

Other way I see it going - Boston implodes w/ frustration (it was happening last game) and Toronto wins 4-2. Couple stretch pass goals. Boston takes a dumb penalty. PP goal.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You know I’m starting to believe that it doesn’t matter who comes out of this series because I think they’ll both be road kill for TB...that said, I hate Boston and their fans and I only hate Toronto’s fans, so by default, Toronto....I’m just hoping for a really exciting game....

If you told me Tampa was gonna advance regardless tho.. id rather them face the bruins. It would take alot more out of them than the Leafs would.

I dont care if the Bruins win tonight. Tampa already had an easy first round. Playing against a similar(but better ) team in Toronto wouldnt take much out of them

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Boston starts a grind line and Toronto gets a chance right off the start. AND a powerplay.

BAD idea by Boston. Bad bad bad bad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I expect the Bruins to decimate the Leafs tonight. This series feels like the Caps-Leafs series from last season--one team just wholly overachieving while the other sorta got caught looking past a lesser matchup.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I expect the Bruins to decimate the Leafs tonight. This series feels like the Caps-Leafs series from last season--one team just wholly overachieving while the other sorta got caught looking past a lesser matchup.

The only X factor is the goalies...Rask can be shaky...I trust Andersen more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino