OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I know I am late to the party but Bobrovsky is such a loser in the playoffs. Played decently in some of the game but when everything on the line - two goals on two shots in the third period, game over. Two shots from no name players to boot. The Caps were the better team overall, don't get me wrong but Bobrovsky has to steal a playoff game at some point. Terrible refereeing too, that seconds Jackets goal was a total make-up call for the PP that led to the Caps third goal. Unexpected resilience from the Caps but CBJ sure helped a lot with that inept PP in the last four games.

And I am so happy for Toronto. Marner is such a cool customer, Boston's top line either scores a lot or doesn't score at all and their team loses. Let's see what the case will be in Game 7 but few things will make me happier than Marchand going golfing early.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Would love to see the Leafs win this series just to listen to Jack Edwards break down and cry on air. Hearing him repeatedly say at the end of the season "no one wants apart of these Bruins in the post season" was aggravating.

They'd have to put that senile old crock on suicide watch if the B's lose I bet. :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Any tweets or info about potential round 2 schedule? My company just released discounted Pens-Caps tickets for games 3 and 4. Really want to go but just had a baby so not the most flexible schedule at the moment.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It was weird hearing Jack Edwards on the 31 thoughts podcast. He's a strangely reasonable person. He's interested enough and intelligent enough to write a program to help him scrape stats in a way that's useful for commentators. He's completely aware of his homerism and could easily choose to be professional, but he spoke about hamming that part up to appeal to working class New Englanders. He seemed like someone I'd like to meet, but at the same time I just can't like someone that gets excited when a Bruin injures someone or is so hypocritical about every call in the game.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Go Leafs?

Christ that feels awkward saying that.

I just want both teams to beat the snot out of each other, if Marchand suddenly got rocked by a huge clean hit and is out for the rest of the playoffs, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

Also, then I would hope the Leafs if they made it, would get swept in the 2nd round, either team actually but during that whole debacle, destroy as much of the Bolts with clean stuff as possible.

I want that 3rd straight.

I want to see this board lose its shit towards us and the team for winning 3 in a row.

I want them to try denying the dynasty fact.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Found this interesting from Elliotte Friedman's article about the Ted Lindsay award voting this year:

22. I am very curious to see where McDavid finishes in the Lindsay voting. I probably asked for more feedback than normal, because the voting was so tight. The majority I spoke to had enormous respect for him as a player, but said playoffs matter.

From the sounds of Friedman's article, it seems as though he might not even win the Lindsay (which HF seems he's a lock for). If that happens, it will certainly cause a meltdown among the Oiler fanbase.

31 Thoughts: This might be the most difficult NHL Awards race ever - Sportsnet.ca

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I'm rooting for whatever team gets us to play on Saturday.

Soooo....

Which team is it???

How can the NHL announce one game and then just threaten a Thursday-Sunday match up depending on the winner of the game 7. Which team needsto win for which scenario? I don't know, nobody knows. That's the NHL>

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Simmonds is nominated for the "leadership" award.

I still don't get what the point of that award is. It's like the NHL just wanted to involve Messier in some fashion, so they gave him an award that he can choose a winner from.

There's little rhyme or reason for who the nominees are or why the winner was chosen.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->