OT: Around the NHL: RIP Gordie Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The alternate looks like some Taiwanese children in a sweat shop got a hold of the rice wine and combined a Steelers jersey with a Penguins throwback.

While the imagery earns plaudits, I have to bring a localish insight. Many sweat shops are indeed owned by Taiwanese, but the kids working there are not Taiwanese.... as they are located in China or poorer countries in South East Asia. Not Taiwan.

Carry on :).

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I wasn't sure where else to put this since it isn't Pittsburgh sports media. Enjoy. :laugh:

hojkPdP.jpg

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Is there even a semi-realistic trade for Malkin to Chicago, that still has Artemi Panarin being a Blackhawk afterwards? Half of this random best guesses being reported are legit worse than bernmeister proposals.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Is there even a semi-realistic trade for Malkin to Chicago, that still has Artemi Panarin being a Blackhawk afterwards? Half of this random best guesses being reported are legit worse than bernmeister proposals.

Nope, not a one. Apparently the Pens are going to retain on Malkin and take back either Seabrook's albatross or Hossa's albatross as well. This site needs a vomit smilie. :laugh: Realistically the Wild could probably pull together a package that would be worth considering but it's been pretty well known for years that the Pens aren't interested in moving Geno, especially under this ownership group.

I can't lie, absurd Malkin trade rumors have become my favorite part of the summer. It gives me a sick kind of enjoyment. The fact that they just won the Cup only adds to it.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I wonder how many teams every year "contact the Pittsburgh Penguins" about Malkin.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I'm sure JR has GM's calling him all the time about Geno, letang, Kessel, Sid, etc.

What GM wouldn't call just for ***** and giggles? Who knows, one of the times you call you might get lucky.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I kind of feel the opposite, like not that many teams actually do call about him. There aren't that many teams who would be able to: a) take on that kind of salary; and b) put together a reasonable package that doesn't completely gut their depth. Like, as much as we giggle about the Seabrook & Anisimov with Pens retaining salary rumor, there's no way a GM calls another GM and makes that offer. These guys are professionals, they're not going to waste one another's time. They also seem like with a few exceptions they're not morons, so they're probably aware that he hasn't expressed unhappiness about being here after just winning a Cup.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
It honestly feels like more than 8 days ago at this point, maybe because I've rewatched the last 5 minutes and the Cup presentation 100 times. I'm already bored with no hockey.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It honestly feels like more than 8 days ago at this point, maybe because I've rewatched the last 5 minutes and the Cup presentation 100 times. I'm already bored with no hockey.

No kidding. I think I've watched the final game 4 times since then and the presentation another dozen times.

It doesn't get old and I don't know what to do with my evenings anymore :laugh:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So who exactly would Chicago be sending back if we traded them Malkin? In order for the cap to work they'd have to send back one of Toews or Kane.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
That was my first thought. Seems like he could have a couple decent years left, but maybe his heart isn't it in or his body has broken down. His production has nosedived but 10 goals in half a season last year is reasonable. Then again, I didn't watch him play much so I can't say if he brought anything else anymore.

I blame Philadephia for destroying him. That city ruins everything it touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad