RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
ir592s.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I wish Seguin were back. That would make this series a total blast to watch. The Stars can still hang and play their game but with him in the lineup I think it would create just enough additional matchup headaches and scoring to make the series truly bodacious.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I wish Seguin were back. That would make this series a total blast to watch. The Stars can still hang and play their game but with him in the lineup I think it would create just enough additional matchup headaches and scoring to make the series truly bodacious.

The blues looked like they were on a perpetual penalty kill, for some reason, but I don't think it was anything the stars were doing right, just lazy play and a bad system for closing the game out (evidenced by two shots in the third period). The Dallas defense is suspect and probably wouldn't be able to limit the blues to that low of a shot total if the blues were to try to apply some pressure.

Rousell is one of those guys who gets under your skin the more you watch them, and not in a good way.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Preds outplaying the Sharks, but have nothing to show for it.

-And moments after a failed Preds PP, the Sharks get a PP and a PPG.

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Yeah Sharks are probably the most well rounded team in the West remaining.

Agreed in terms of offense and defense. But when you look at the goalies left, yikes!!

Elliot, Lehtonen or Niemi, Rinne and Jones. Rinne is probably the best of the group and I don't think the Preds are coming back in this one.

The Sharks really have the door open this year to come out of the West with the Ducks, Kings and Hawks out, they have no excuses this year, only team that could beat them IMO is Dallas and that's only if Seguin comes back!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jones is a good goalie.

Which, I'll admit, I did not see coming.

The Kings isolated him so well that he made maybe 5 great saves all last season, despite the stats showing him as a machine. Thought that was a stupid, idiotic move by the Sharks. Another move by a team desperate for a goalie overpaying for a wing and a prayer.

I was wrong.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I expect the Sharks to come of the West this year. There aren't many holes in their roster.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Which, I'll admit, I did not see coming.

The Kings isolated him so well that he made maybe 5 great saves all last season, despite the stats showing him as a machine. Thought that was a stupid, idiotic move by the Sharks. Another move by a team desperate for a goalie overpaying for a wing and a prayer.

I was wrong.

I'm not sure I saw it either. For every Martin Jones, there's 10 other understudies that become the guy somewhere else and struggle.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I used to like and respect Trotz, but then his whining about some stupid conspiracy theory about the suspension being only as long as it is because it's the Penguins and their player is moronic.

Schenn got 3 games for launching himself at Oshie, this Orpik hit was just as stupid and 3 games is too much? Trotz should shut the **** up.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
I expect the Sharks to come of the West this year. There aren't many holes in their roster.

And if we make it to the Finals, they're the one team I see the Pens struggling against. Vlasic is in Crosby's head, they have the speed and skill to match up line for line with us, and... DeBoer, who owned us for years.

But, I wouldn't mind losing to them in the Finals, they kind of deserve a cup by now.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
I legitimately respected Trotz as a coach until this series. But his whining about the suspension, blaming his team's dirty hits on OUR players, and his assistant coach laughing and joking with Wilson after he tried to blow Sheary's knee out (which is a reflection on Trotz himself) shows me how misguided i was. Only way to shut his fat ass up is to win this series, and for each of their cheap shots, put a puck or two in the back of their net.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
I legitimately respected Trotz as a coach until this series. But his whining about the suspension, blaming his team's dirty hits on OUR players, and his assistant coach laughing and joking with Wilson after he tried to blow Sheary's knee out (which is a reflection on Trotz himself) shows me how misguided i was.

My thoughts exactly.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I legitimately respected Trotz as a coach until this series. But his whining about the suspension, blaming his team's dirty hits on OUR players, and his assistant coach laughing and joking with Wilson after he tried to blow Sheary's knee out (which is a reflection on Trotz himself) shows me how misguided i was. Only way to shut his fat ass up is to win this series, and for each of their cheap shots, put a puck or two in the back of their net.

Yeah exactly. If the Pens powerplay wasn't coming up limp, they would be embarrassing the Capitals in this series.

Pens better put them in a choke hold for Game 4 and go up 3-1.

Then really shove it in their face by finishing it in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad