OT: Around the NHL: Return of the Dead Puck Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
This is complete BS. Tampa is going far because they have the best goaltender in the league. Isles got a ton of clean breakaways after Game 1.

Show them to me... you mentioned Tampa Bay this morning so I re-watched some of their periods as I'm in the middle of moves so I'm literally sitting in a room with nothing but a computer.

They did not get tons of breakaways at all. I know you love our offense and defensive system but it needs tweaks. I don't recall ever seeing Stamkos backpedaling with another D over and over.

Isles scored like 11 goals in 7 games. Go back and watch them. The only breakaway goal was Game 1. My definition of Breakaway or Easy goal is literally Opposing Player vs. Goalie and nothing in between. We give those away like candy. (Minus that 2-1 win)

I know you and I disagree on our systems so it's all good but the Pens have problems well beyond just Jarry.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
f*** both teams and this league. If Tampa wins back to back it's the biggest joke of a back to back in the history of the league and it should be ashamed.

I haven’t watched much hockey this season. I won’t be spending money on gamecenter next season. My landlord gives me cable so I’ll just stick to Pens games in my area.

I’ll be here to troll you & pixie though :laugh:

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I hope every game goes like this for Tampa. I'd rather that than Montreal getting a 25th cup. At least Tampa is a high star team loaded that should win.

We'll see. Tampa Bay has been kinda complacent losing Game 1's maybe they put the dagger in early? If Tampa Bay rolls them the next game, you may get your wish.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Show them to me... you mentioned Tampa Bay this morning so I re-watched some of their periods as I'm in the middle of moves so I'm literally sitting in a room with nothing but a computer.

They did not get tons of breakaways at all. I know you love our offense and defensive system but it needs tweaks. I don't recall ever seeing Stamkos backpedaling with another D over and over.

Isles scored like 11 goals in 7 games. Go back and watch them. The only breakaway goal was Game 1. My definition of Breakaway or Easy goal is literally Opposing Player vs. Goalie and nothing in between. We give those away like candy. (Minus that 2-1 win)

I know you and I disagree on our systems so it's all good but the Pens have problems well beyond just Jarry.

There is a big difference between problems and Tampa not giving up rush chances. The difference between our teams is Tampa has a murder's row on their defense and we have a bunch of kids and Matheson after Dumo and Letang. I don't think Dumoulin is anywhere near what he was in 2016.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think Hedman weighs the same as Marino and Pettersson combined.

If only JR focused on improving our defense corps instead of spending all his 1st round picks and premiere prospects on middle six wingers who score 15-20 goals...

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad