OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Conversely, I'll add, the Leafs are basically playing with house money.

And I've felt they were a good matchup for the Caps. They can match the Caps in size, physicality, forward skill, coaching, and goaltending. Just not in defense or experience.

The leafs are faster, and like you said have no pressure or expectations other than those of their coach.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The path to victory for the leafs is now pretty clear : win all 4 games in ot.
That way, no lead to blow.. just perfect ah ah

Joking aside, the Caps are really underwhelming, I feel like that was their best performance until the 5 on 3 that really turned the game around, nonetheless it's been 3 games and I'm far from impressed.

Maybe I'm not giving enough credit to the leafs, but the Caps seemed definitely better last year and we're talking about essentially the same team, arguably better.(although Shattenkirk doesn't look like the greatest addition atm)

The Leafs need to get a lot of credit here. That team is fast and skilled. They are working together as a team, and they don't get rattled when down by a goal to the supposed Cup favorite. They definitely scare me a bit.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm not sure whether to be happy or not about the possible removal of most of the heavyweight names in the first round. Sure, Leafs rather than Caps sounds better on paper, but Caps still crapping themselves might be better on the ice than hopped up on fire starlets.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Washington has more pressure than any team I can remember in recent years. Maybe since the 94 Rangers? And without the Messiers, Matteaus, Lowes, Andersons to handle it.

I still think they'll win this series... But a minimum of 6 games in the 1st round for the President's Trophy winner is not good, and even if they do pull it out it still shows them to be a fragile bunch.

Agreed, I think they'll win as well. But like you said, it's really not good for them, and at the very least, plants a little doubt in their heads.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm not sure whether to be happy or not about the possible removal of most of the heavyweight names in the first round. Sure, Leafs rather than Caps sounds better on paper, but Caps still crapping themselves might be better on the ice than hopped up on fire starlets.

If both Chicago and Washington carp the bed there is no question in my mind we have a great chance to repeat

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

We are seeing a shift in power in both conferences from the last few draft classes and teams who have been getting those high picks. There are a lot of good young players in the league and new powerhouse teams emerging. Our window to win is only a few years IMO.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I said before I'll say it again: I would rather play the team that had Orpik, Niskanen and Winnik in the line up, than the team that handed us the worst defeat during the regular season (and I just happened to be in Toronto that night watching the game with th bunch of Leafs fans, I was drunk though so that bad performance may have been enhanced by my intoxicated state) (I am not talking about the last game)

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
they still have three cups in 6 (7) years to show for..

Yeah, obviously they have accomplished a ton that can never be taken away, but scoring 0 goals in a playoff series while their primary core is all still intact certainly would have been an ugly mark on the fans that want to talk about that team like it's the greatest thing to happen to dynasty talk in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad