OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Several good match-ups: Hawks-Preds (poor Nashville fans must dread losing to the Hawks over and over and over), Edmonton-SJ (how interesting can McDavid make this series), MTL-NYR (Price vs Lundqvist) and of course our very own Pens against CBJ.

Anaheim vs Calgary might be interesting as well, the other series seem kind of boring/lop-sided. Washington should sweep, Marchand can bully Anderson and the Blues are involved in a series.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I want a game 5 between the Habs and Rags so I can go to my first playoff game. A game 7 would be interesting too, I could either go or fund another trip to Pittsburgh :laugh:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I can't believe TB missed with all the talent they have. I don't care if Stamkos missed most of the season, they are like the Pens in that their other talent should carry them far enough to at least get a WC spot if not a divisional spot.

Also, and I would never post this to the main board lest I be accosted by Leafs fans, I don't understand the absolute adoration for Mike Babcock. He won one Cup with a really stacked Wings team and a couple of gold medals with a team Canada that would steamroll everyone else with an even mildly competent coach. I don't get the unwavering belief that he's the best coach in the league. Why? What makes him the best coach in the league? He's had his knocks on him in terms of complaints by younger players and favoring of washed up vets. He was outcoached in a SCF by Dan Bylsma. DAN BYLSMA! I was home at lunch watching Sportsnet and one of the hosts (Gord someone?) alluded to the fact that the Leafs lost their last game because Babcock knows what he's doing, he wants his team to get accustomed to the playoffs through a trial by fire by going up against the Caps. Seriously, get real.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I saw that 2 Leaf defenders were injured in the last game and they were down to 4 D, I guess that was by the hand of CBJ players? win at all costs.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I saw that 2 Leaf defenders were injured in the last game and they were down to 4 D, I guess that was by the hand of CBJ players? win at all costs.

No doubt that will be their plan against the Pens. I look forward to watching Brandon Dubinsky hack away at Crosby for however many games this series takes. Dubi should send Crosby a fruit basket for making him relevant, without him chasing Sid around the ice like an idiot and/or whining to the media about him nobody outside of Columbus would even know he exists.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
No doubt that will be their plan against the Pens. I look forward to watching Brandon Dubinsky hack away at Crosby for however many games this series takes. Dubi should send Crosby a fruit basket for making him relevant, without him chasing Sid around the ice like an idiot and/or whining to the media about him nobody outside of Columbus would even know he exists.

The remaining defensemen are a bigger concern than Crosby, imo. They're already down Letang and the depth isn't great. Sid will probably be fine but the D... :help:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Several good match-ups: Hawks-Preds (poor Nashville fans must dread losing to the Hawks over and over and over), Edmonton-SJ (how interesting can McDavid make this series), MTL-NYR (Price vs Lundqvist) and of course our very own Pens against CBJ.

Anaheim vs Calgary might be interesting as well, the other series seem kind of boring/lop-sided. Washington should sweep, Marchand can bully Anderson and the Blues are involved in a series.

Not only can McDavid make that series interesting, I think Edmonton takes in by 5 or 6. Sharks are looking weeeeak right now. That's a better match-up than Calgary, who I think beats Anaheim for a killer Alberta 2nd round.

If NYR beats Montreal, they get Boston or Ottawa: AKA a better potential 2nd round match up than what the 3 teams ahead of them in the Metro could get. What a horrendous playoff format.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
haha now Tallon officially back as GM, Rowe removed as coach and named special adviser.

Also, Willy D fired.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
haha now Tallon officially back as GM, Rowe removed as coach and named special adviser.

Also, Willy D fired.

What an absolute clown show in Florida.

Also, wtf did they expect from Willie with that roster? I hate when below average teams fire coaches for appropriate/slightly lower results.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What an absolute clown show in Florida.

Also, wtf did they expect from Willie with that roster? I hate when below average teams fire coaches for appropriate/slightly lower results.

Agreed all around. I know the respect the hell out of the Sedins, but at some point you need to do what's right for the franchise and move on (if possible, that is).

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
All Canada is talking about is the ****ing Leafs, vomit.

Think I'll do my bracket. Which leads me to another question, do you guys do one and have a League?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
All Canada is talking about is the ****ing Leafs, vomit.

Think I'll do my bracket. Which leads me to another question, do you guys do one and have a League?

Leafs will be lucky to win a game, but I guess being in is better than being out, especially in a year when no generational players are available. Caps have the stars aligning for them this year. Flyers took two from them last year, but the Caps had kind of downshifted into neutral before the playoffs last year. This year, they're on more of a roll and have a better team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you ever feel bad about the Penguins country club atmosphere, just remember it could always be worse. The Kings just fired Sutter and Lombardi and put Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille in the highest positions in the organization. That takes nepotism to an entirely different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad