OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Washington has more pressure than any team I can remember in recent years. Maybe since the 94 Rangers? And without the Messiers, Matteaus, Lowes, Andersons to handle it.

I still think they'll win this series... But a minimum of 6 games in the 1st round for the President's Trophy winner is not good, and even if they do pull it out it still shows them to be a fragile bunch.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
reading the Caps board, lot of complaining about trotz, reminded me how miserable we were with Bylsma, how he singlehandidly ruined the most productive Sid and Geno's years,
'

It has to be hard to be a Caps fan when every year they hear about how it's FINALLY "the Caps year" and they just end up failboating harder and harder. It must be like masochism supporting that team, I almost feel bad for them.

Almost.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
reading the Caps board, lot of complaining about trotz, reminded me how miserable we were with Bylsma, how he singlehandidly ruined the most productive Sid and Geno's years,
'

Trotz looked like he was in a mid life crisis as he walked back to the locker room

useless

Feb 2, 2011
Man 2-1 and the leafs have a win in washington. Looking like another laugher here, I'd have some sympathy for caps fans but they're even talking **** about our team while they lose to the leafs.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
'

Yeah, but Trotz was supposed to be their safe bet of a saviour and the Pens at least won a cup with Bylsma riding Therrien's system.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If they'd scored in OT in game one...

It's only 2-1 and all three games went OT but Jesus Christ. :laugh:

OT can bounce either way though... a lead was a concrete thing they blew.

Oh well, being nit picky but it's hard to ignore they could be up 3-0.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It has to be hard to be a Caps fan when every year they hear about how it's FINALLY "the Caps year" and they just end up failboating harder and harder. It must be like masochism supporting that team, I almost feel bad for them.

Almost.

I feel bad for the fans, not ******** like Trotz and Wilson.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
The path to victory for the leafs is now pretty clear : win all 4 games in ot.
That way, no lead to blow.. just perfect ah ah

Joking aside, the Caps are really underwhelming, I feel like that was their best performance until the 5 on 3 that really turned the game around, nonetheless it's been 3 games and I'm far from impressed.

Maybe I'm not giving enough credit to the leafs, but the Caps seemed definitely better last year and we're talking about essentially the same team, arguably better.(although Shattenkirk doesn't look like the greatest addition atm)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Almost.

I work with a Caps fan and he just says he can never feel confident. He is cautiously optimistic, but he just can't bring himself to expect them to win.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Conversely, I'll add, the Leafs are basically playing with house money.

And I've felt they were a good matchup for the Caps. They can match the Caps in size, physicality, forward skill, coaching, and goaltending. Just not in defense or experience.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One of my favorite posters here is a Cap fan. He is not around much anymore, but I count him among the best posters at HF.

But anyone around for that last playoff series with them can not feel anything but happy to see their demons rise again. That series was the absolute worst for hockey discussion here,

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
'

True but they've also gone thru like 5 coaches with OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad