OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I'm very surprised that there are some people that would rather play Washington than Toronto, if the Pens indeed advance.

I understand we all remember 2010, but the Leafs simply aren't as good as the Caps. Ideally for me, the series goes 7 games, with a few more going to OT, with Toronto winning Game 7.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Rinne really lost his angle a bit there and left him a ton of space to shoot at. Plus Anisimov set up shop right in front of Rinne and no one seemed to care. Rinne didn't even seem to be trying to get a line of sight on Kane and just stood there while Kane shot into the open net.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm very surprised that there are some people that would rather play Washington than Toronto, if the Pens indeed advance.

I understand we all remember 2010, but the Leafs simply aren't as good as the Caps. Ideally for me, the series goes 7 games, with a few more going to OT, with Toronto winning Game 7.

I for one never said that I would rather play Washington than the Leafs. I think both would be a hard out is all. So am not going to 'hope' for one or the other. Seven game series with multiple overtimes, yes, I will root for that.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Also lets not forget we've had a lot of success against the Leafs, even this year even though they beat most of Wilkes the last game

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
hqdefault.jpg

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I cannot decide which is the funnier outcome... the caps losing in the first round or the pens embarrassing them yet again... got to root for the funny after all

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We are seeing a shift in power in both conferences from the last few draft classes and teams who have been getting those high picks. There are a lot of good young players in the league and new powerhouse teams emerging. Our window to win is only a few years IMO.

If I'm going to disagree with you, its only because we appear to have somehow got a bunch of young offensive talents equal to all but the superstars and that maybe keeps open the window a bit longer.

If we had Letang and Murray I'd be rubbing my hands at the way things are, but we don't so I'm not.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
CAL/ANA 4-1 now. Gibson pulled.
Could be some message sending the rest of the way if you're into that sorta thing.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
We are seeing a shift in power in both conferences from the last few draft classes and teams who have been getting those high picks. There are a lot of good young players in the league and new powerhouse teams emerging. Our window to win is only a few years IMO.

Sprong, Sheary, Guentzel, Rust, Kuhn, these are solid pieces to build around before Crosby and Malkin are done. We just need some blue chip centers and D prospects

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sprong, Sheary, Guentzel, Rust, Kuhn, these are solid pieces to build around before Crosby and Malkin are done. We just need some blue chip centers and D prospects

The scary thing is, with Fleury, Kunitz, etc. off the books, even with some raises that they have to give, those kids enable them to actually add a decent piece without really losing anything.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I will never root for a particular opponent, I just think it's funny that the Caps are perennial chokers. Especially when I see garbage like this.

The title alone is embarrassing enough. The mere fact that they think that anyone "deserves" to win the Stanley Cup is a joke. Although I guess they have tried everything else so they have to resort to begging for a pity cup.

And agreed, I'm not going to root for an opponent, but just enjoy the Capitals anxiety right off the bat to start the playoffs. The way I look at it is it gives them 2 chances for an extra painful choke instead of just the one in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad