OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs - Final 4 after tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They drafted a lot more then just those guys early. A decade of tanking and praying for them to turn out has finally paid off.

That's what pisses me off and apparently I'm wrong in this sentiment because "Well how else do you get talent?" Well how many of those talents have they squandered because..

1. They made no real improvements on fixing their developmental system at all, it's even fair to say they still haven't even with their meteoric rise this year.

2. They drafted high, rushed prospects, held on to them too long, and then discarded them for nothing and then people said well that's not fair, those prospects sucked...oh really? In what context?

3. Each time they ruined a prospect, they tanked again to get a better one. Along the way, they hired incompetent people and just basically were the worst run franchise in the NHL just to get their "Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin" finally. Each time they thought they got one, they ruined the guy because of a lack of support on the ice, coaching, and management. But let's continue rewarding that.

Canucks tried to do the Oilers method and well, it got them nowhere. I would sooner support the Canucks (Did I say I hate Canadian teams?) than the Oilers and their horse ****. So **** them, **** their team, and I hope they never win a cup in the McDavid era. Call me spiteful, call me a dick, but I'm not wrong.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
good for Ottawa.

For narrative sake I guess the Pens will win tomorrow? Crosby vs Methot's finger. :sarcasm:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I thought the PPG crowd could be lame but the Rags are in an elimination game, down by 1, on the power play, in the third period - and they're doing the Potvin Sucks chant. What the heck has happened to sports crowds?

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I thought the PPG crowd could be lame but the Rags are in an elimination game, down by 1, on the power play, in the third period - and they're doing the Potvin Sucks chant. What the heck has happened to sports crowds?

They do that stupid chant constantly no matter what the situation. It's really bizarre.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
That's what pisses me off and apparently I'm wrong in this sentiment because "Well how else do you get talent?" Well how many of those talents have they squandered because..

1. They made no real improvements on fixing their developmental system at all, it's even fair to say they still haven't even with their meteoric rise this year.

2. They drafted high, rushed prospects, held on to them too long, and then discarded them for nothing and then people said well that's not fair, those prospects sucked...oh really? In what context?

3. Each time they ruined a prospect, they tanked again to get a better one. Along the way, they hired incompetent people and just basically were the worst run franchise in the NHL just to get their "Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin" finally. Each time they thought they got one, they ruined the guy because of a lack of support on the ice, coaching, and management. But let's continue rewarding that.

Canucks tried to do the Oilers method and well, it got them nowhere. I would sooner support the Canucks (Did I say I hate Canadian teams?) than the Oilers and their horse ****. So **** them, **** their team, and I hope they never win a cup in the McDavid era. Call me spiteful, call me a dick, but I'm not wrong.

I feel you.

Congratulations to Ottawa and it's fans. If we lose to the caps I don't see the Sens beating them, however if the Pens somehow pull it out tomorrow night I think it's going to be another rough series.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Erik Karlsson is a beast....but there is no way his foot is "Broken" in the traditional sense, he probably has a fracture in there, like probably half our freaking team with blocking shots (I'd say Horny does for sure), but man the Canadian media pumps it up like he's Bobby Baun with a broken leg or something.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
good for Ottawa.

For narrative sake I guess the Pens will win tomorrow? Crosby vs Methot's finger. :sarcasm:

Lol, man this board already hates us like no tomorrow, if we end up waking up (which I find unlikely given that it's 2 **** games from this team back 2 back, which we haven't seen in the playoffs from them under Sullivan) and winning, those Sens fans will partner with the Caps, Rangers, and Jackets fans to make that main board even more unbearable. It's sad because the mods are also involved in that hate to almost a disturbing level.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Erik Karlsson is a beast, and is a painful reminder of how badly our defense misses Letang.

He deserves the Norris over Burns.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Lol, man this board already hates us like no tomorrow, if we end up waking up (which I find unlikely given that it's 2 **** games from this team back 2 back, which we haven't seen in the playoffs from them under Sullivan) and winning, those Sens fans will partner with the Caps, Rangers, and Jackets fans to make that main board even more unbearable. It's sad because the mods are also involved in that hate to almost a disturbing level.

I love that. I'd rather be hated, nothing annoys me more than rival fans wishing us well or saying that they like our team. I hope every team except mine fails and I won't begrudge a rival fan for having the same perspective.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love that. I'd rather be hated, nothing annoys me more than rival fans wishing us well or saying that they like our team. I hope every team except mine fails and I won't begrudge a rival fan for having the same perspective.

I love the hate too, it's a "you guys are good and it's not fair" kind of hate and I eat that stuff up.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Caught a post game interview with Clarke MacArthur of the Sens and he was asked who he'd rather face in the ECF.

"They're both top 2 teams on this side and it's basically guns a'blazing from both teams. Pittsburgh's offense is scary and uh i think Washington's offense is pretty scary. I think both have good goaltenders so...i hate to pick a team uhhm, i would say Pittsburgh...if i had to pick a team i'd say Pittsburgh but obviously it doesn't matter."

Players know we're strugglin' right now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Caught a post game interview with Clarke MacArthur of the Sens and he was asked who he'd rather face in the ECF.

"They're both top 2 teams on this side and it's basically guns a'blazing from both teams. Pittsburgh's offense is scary and uh i think Washington's offense is pretty scary. I think both have good goaltenders so...i hate to pick a team uhhm, i would say Pittsburgh...if i had to pick a team i'd say Pittsburgh but obviously it doesn't matter."

Players know we're strugglin' right now.

In terms of battle, I mean, I'd say the same thing too even if the Caps and Pens were equals. Ottawa has a history against us, it's much sweeter for them to beat us as a "Ha, you broke our player's finger and our CSI team is still processing Cooke's evidence..but we beat you in the playoffs this year!"

Of course, Sid just LOVES to play the Sens in the playoffs, the guy just destroys them.

It's not easy to pick though...I mean look at who you might face?

Caps - Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Burakovsky
Pens - Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Hornqvist, Guentzel

Rangers were....Nash, Zibenajad, Miller, Kreider, Zuccarello, Stepan...decent but no game breakers.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe Ottawa is better than I think, but it's pretty frustrating that a mediocre team makes it to the ECF because of that cream puff division.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They have the best defenseman (and maybe player) in the game right now (and I stress right now) to go along with a respectable group of forwards. Having a good goaltender doesn't hurt either.

I don't like how they play, but it seems to be working for them.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Erik Karlsson is a beast, and is a painful reminder of how badly our defense misses Letang.

He deserves the Norris over Burns.

Absolutely. The goal to make it 3-1 was something. I saw it develop and thought, "would ya look at that, a defenseman CAN skate it out of their own zone!" Then he drove the net and shelfed the pass short-side...Schultz can do that! Heck, even Daley has shown the ability to do so.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I really want the Pens to win tonight for obvious reasons but I also really want them to win so I can watch the Oilers/Ducks Game 7 tonight.

If they lose I am done with hockey until October. It's time for a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad