OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs - Final 4 after tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I haven't been impressed with Gibson this entire playoffs. In Round 1, he was just lucky that Elliott was historically bad. In Round 2, he's been flailing about half the time, and anytime Anaheim doesn't dominate possession/shots, they lose. He's letting in so many softies.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
So would you rather lose like we did last night or like the Ducks are losing now?

I guess it doesn't matter too much. Whether you lose by 1 goal or 8 goals it just a loss.

More important what you do the next game.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So would you rather lose like we did last night or like the Ducks are losing now?

Like how we did last night.

At least we put up a fight for the first 40...shame how the 3rd went. Hopefully we knock the Craps out tomorrow night.

The Ducks however have been dead in the water since opening puck drop.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm thinking that McDavid is convinced to settle for something like 7M (maybe even 6.5M) for 5 Years (instead of a Toews/Kane level contract) just to make sure they have cap room to spare.

I don't think the NHLPA would go for that in a million years. I think the only reason Sid signed as cheap as he did/left money on the table was because it was under the former CBA and they signed him until he's basically a senior citizen.

Ducks, wtf? I just flipped it on and it's 7-1 Oilers and there are hats all over the ice.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
C_Q6jAoU0AAxPiY.jpg

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Of course some still have their hats on you tit, no way I would be throwing a hat that cost north of $40 onto the bloody ice :laugh:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

If it is us against the caps and we are losing 7-1, there could be a few Pens players who decide on another score to even up. Really though, losing by an assload takes all the emotion out of the outcome and ruins the event.

When did the Oilers separate McDavid and Draisaitl? Last game or this game?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anaheim has the worst goaltending in the playoffs. Good lord. Also Draisaitl, you know the guy that didn't help McDavid get to 100pts, with a 5pt night and mcdavid had 0pts in a 7 goal game by the Oilers. Lol.

Wake the **** up Anaheim.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Anaheim has the worst goaltending in the playoffs. Good lord. Also Draisaitl, you know the guy that didn't help McDavid get to 100pts, with a 5pt night and mcdavid had 0pts in a 7 goal game by the Oilers. Lol.

Wake the **** up Anaheim.

Draisaitl is a beast. Anyone who uses the argument that McDavid has no one to play with or is carrying that Oilers team is an idiot.

Too bad the Hart voting had to be done before the end of the regular season. I bet a lot of voters who were picking McDavid did so because "he doesn't have a guy like Malkin behind him and carried that team" are starting to realize that McDavid does, in fact, have a superstar to play with. Perhaps not quite on Malkin's level, but as damn near close as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad