OT: Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I knew the Canes were good enough to win some games against the Caps, they just needed a bit of luck and that amazing crowd. And of course Caps fans are gonna whine and not bother to mention that the refs stop calling anything after the boarding call, and this almost led to a tying goal. Kuznetsov seems slower than last year and Vrana is a ghost, the way things are going the Canes might pull of an upset. If not, well at least one of the isles and Caps will be out in the next round. :)

The Jets are so bad at keeping leads at home that they make the Pens look unflappable. Comical stuff.

Martin Jones finally outplayed the opposition goalie, Hertl is a beast and the Sharks defence looks much better with Vlasic.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
So Oshie broke something? Forearm? Collar bone? He was so far from the boards I thought it wasn’t that bad.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess he wrecked up his wrist.

Just a "bang bang" play, ya know? The game just moves way too fast to avoid these kinds of things. And he just put himself in a bad spot there, anyway. Plus Foegele is, as already pointed out, just a big strong man. Oshie should have just been taller.

etc etc etc.

f*** the Capitals.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I knew the Canes were good enough to win some games against the Caps, they just needed a bit of luck and that amazing crowd. And of course Caps fans are gonna whine and not bother to mention that the refs stop calling anything after the boarding call, and this almost led to a tying goal. Kuznetsov seems slower than last year and Vrana is a ghost, the way things are going the Canes might pull of an upset. If not, well at least one of the isles and Caps will be out in the next round. :)

The Jets are so bad at keeping leads at home that they make the Pens look unflappable. Comical stuff.

Martin Jones finally outplayed the opposition goalie, Hertl is a beast and the Sharks defence looks much better with Vlasic.

There is a good portion of fans on here that absolutely pine for Trouba and that turn over to seal the game was Maatta on Bobby Ryan all over again.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
James Neal a healthy scratch tonight

Couldn't happen to a more *****ebaggy player

I still think about that whole saga/trade sometimes. Like... Malkin has never had a better complimentary linemate before or since that I can think of. But nobody was wrong that he was bad for the team, either. And clearly everyone was also correct that he's almost entirely the product of his linemates.

If anyone needs an object lesson on how important fit an chemistry is... right there.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I find it hilarious how much outrage there is in the Caps fanbase about that "shove" on Oshie when their team employs Tom Wilson who does much worse every game

Are you surprised? It's the same fanbase who will defend anything Wilson does, but get outraged any time one of their players gets hit by a marginally questionable play.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I thought that after winning the Cup Caps fans would stop playing the victim card... boy, was I wrong!

Reactions: turtle27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad