OT: Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Man i wish we still had Sunny...

Also predicted good goal cuz they've been calling good goals like that this season with nets just popping up/off as puck crosses due to defense causing the knockoff/up.

Sunny being included in that deal was another reason why it was dumb considering how the Pens were depleted at center depth already prior to that trade. Gee, who would have ever thought that going into the season with Greg McKegg and Carter Rowney as the bottom centers would be a bad idea?

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
L1kt9n1.jpg

Same

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Whenever the Pens get eliminated, I always pull for the Canadian teams that are still in it but damn I’m torn in this series. The Jets appear to have the talent but there’s something missing. St Louis is solid.

I'm a Canuck and i don't really feel that unless i really like how a team is playing/have large affection for a guy or 2 on the Canadian team.
Find myself pulling for STL, COL and the Canes atm.
Even a bit of the Isles now cuz of Lehner's story.

COL is very easy to root for with how they're playing and Nate puttin' on a show.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I'm a Canuck and i don't really feel that unless i really like how a team is playing/have large affection for a guy or 2 on the Canadian team.
Find myself pulling for STL, COL and the Canes atm.
Even a bit of the Isles now cuz of Lehner's story.

COL is very easy to root for with how they're playing and Nate puttin' on a show.

I would have no problem with Carolina eliminating the Caps and I’m ok with any team except Vegas moving on in the West.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
“If anyone can find his game during the middle of a game, it’s Marc Andre Fleury”

I’m not so sure about that.

Fleury is a good goaltender, but people talk about him like he was never considered The Worst Playoff Goaltender Of All Time, which he was. Like they never mocked the Penguins for keeping him. It is truly baffling to me.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Fleury is a good goaltender, but people talk about him like he was never considered The Worst Playoff Goaltender Of All Time, which he was. Like they never mocked the Penguins for keeping him. It is truly baffling to me.

The Fleury love is pretty blind here. I’ve not read or come across people criticize his play at all. They think the flopping is the best.

And for the record, I love Fleury and I’m still sad that he isn’t with the Pens but I know he’s flawed.

Reactions: ETA

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
The Fleury love is pretty blind here. I’ve not read or come across people criticize his play at all. They think the flopping is the best.

And for the record, I love Fleury and I’m still sad that he isn’t with the Pens but I know he’s flawed.

I was talking more about the media. I think there's plenty of Fleury criticism here. Some fanboys, too, but every player has those.

The media tends to act like Fleury has always been a super-clutch, very consistent goalie who is great under pressure. It just goes to show how quickly reputations can change.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WOW.

The Blues scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd to win.
Game winning goal at 15 seconds left in the 3rd!!!!!!! what a game!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I was talking more about the media. I think there's plenty of Fleury criticism here. Some fanboys, too, but every player has those.

The media tends to act like Fleury has always been a super-clutch, very consistent goalie who is great under pressure. It just goes to show how quickly reputations can change.

I got ya.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You know how some Pens fans/media are acting as though Murray had a bad series? Well, Jones is actually having the type of series that those fans/media are saying Murray had.

Not watched any of that series, so he's been brutal has he? Atleast MM made us some big saves when we needed them, not his fault Pens can only score 1 goal a game max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad