Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff edition as Round #1 kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am happy for Kadri. I loved that guy and he loved being a Leaf and relished the pressure. Wish we got a better return for him.

I think Colorado is going to win the Cup. Whichever guy we trade ends up winning the Cup as is tradition. Kessel? 2x. Bozak? 1x and contending to win. Kadri? Probably going to win this year or soon enough.

We probably win Game 5 if we had Kadri instead of Barrie.

You can stack that top line and still have Kadri centre the second line with Nylander.

Go win that cup Kadri. Avs are a likable team. Hope they win it all.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Carey price with save of the year!

Meanwhile, we have Freddy who let's in goals from almost behind the net.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Many fans knew Dubas had a very solid trade chip in Kadri, and he still managed to somehow butcher the trade.

To be fair Dubas' first target was TJ Brodie and the deal was done, but Kadri didn't want to go to Calgary and the deal got scrubbed. Can't place all the blame on Dubas when Kadri nixed a deal that would've gotten the Leafs a better defender.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
To be fair Dubas' first target was TJ Brodie and the deal was done, but Kadri didn't want to go to Calgary and the deal got scrubbed. Can't place all the blame on Dubas when Kadri nixed a deal that would've gotten the Leafs a better defender.

I don't think TJ Brodie is what this team needed either, and like Barrie, is also a UFA at the end of this season...so what was Dubas doing, trading Kadri for a 1 year rental? I would prefer a d man who is bigger and meaner...Kadri alone could have gotten one.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dubas should have asked Kadri if he’d go to Calgary before he struck the deal. Another rookie mistake.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think TJ Brodie is what this team needed either, and like Barrie, is also a UFA at the end of this season...so what was Dubas doing, trading Kadri for a 1 year rental? I would prefer a d man who is bigger and meaner...Kadri alone could have gotten one.

From a defensive standpoint I definitely think he's better than Barrie and would've helped much more in partnering with Rielly than seeing Rielly with Barrie or Ceci. I would've much rather have had him than Barrie and think he would've had a more positive impact on the team than Tyson when you can have another guy who can kill penalties and be played in any situation because he isn't a defensive liability.

Also everyone would like a big, mean Dman but who was available that the Leafs could've trade for with Kadri?

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Dubas should have asked Kadri if he’d go to Calgary before he struck the deal. Another rookie mistake.

Does it really matter if he asks before or after? Kadri is declining regardless because he didn't want to go there.

Reactions: Buds17

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
it pisses me off the Habs are in the playoffs, and the leafs are not

Take comfort knowing the Montreal gets to toil in mediocrity for another year and missed out on the chance of landing the #1 OA pick this year.

They were incredibly fortunate and Price got hot at the right time. The day the NHL shut down they had a 0.1% chance of making the playoffs.

They were the biggest beneficiaries to this playoff format.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
From a defensive standpoint I definitely think he's better than Barrie and would've helped much more in partnering with Rielly than seeing Rielly with Barrie or Ceci. I would've much rather have had him than Barrie and think he would've had a more positive impact on the team than Tyson when you can have another guy who can kill penalties and be played in any situation because he isn't a defensive liability.

Also everyone would like a big, mean Dman but who was available that the Leafs could've trade for with Kadri?

That's the key question, and the answer is not much.

I don't think anyone could have predicted Barrie to be as big of a disaster as he was with the Leafs. The guy had 50+ points in 3 of the last 5 seasons (and 49 points in another), with 10+ goals in 4 of the last 5 years.

Defensively he was known to be questionable but his offense disappeared on this team which is bizarre given the style the Leafs play.

The biggest issue with the trade is that Dubas gave up 3 years of Kadri for 1 of Barrie .. But now that almost seems like a blessing so the Leafs wouldn't be stuck with a poor d-man.

Reactions: htpwn

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Take comfort knowing the Montreal gets to toil in mediocrity for another year and missed out on the chance of landing the #1 OA pick this year.

They were incredibly fortunate and Price got hot at the right time. The day the NHL shut down they had a 0.1% chance of making the playoffs.

They were the biggest beneficiaries to this playoff format.

Technically, haven't we been toiling in mediocrity for a while now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad