Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
NYI is a matchup nightmare for Pittsburgh. They have their number for some reason.
Islanders are legit contenders as much as it hurts to say. Losing tavares is the best thing that could have happened to them and i said it at the time.

I think losing Andres Lee will catch up with them.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I thought they played pretty well in the 1st and the 3rd yesterday. Completely fell asleep in the 2nd but lets be real, they controlled that game for 40+ minutes.

If Jarry is even semi competent in game 1 they're up 2-0 with out Malkin.
they do play with a lot of structure (which is why they dominated us this season, record-wise) but idk I just don't trust their goaltending or really their scoring vs the Islanders. Could have very easily blown that game 2. Islanders are happy to give up the majority of possession, wait for a mistake from their more ... questionable d-men and score off a turnover.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
they do play with a lot of structure (which is why they dominated us this season, record-wise) but idk I just don't trust their goaltending or really their scoring vs the Islanders. Could have very easily blown that game 2. Islanders are happy to give up the majority of possession, wait for a mistake from their more ... questionable d-men and score off a turnover.

Yeah Matheson has been a complete f*** wad in this series.

It'd be nice if the Pitt PP didn't look like the Ranger PP from January too.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah Matheson has been a complete f*** wad in this series.

It'd be nice if the Pitt PP didn't look like the Ranger PP from January too.

Yeah. Pitt is getting a lot of SOG but they're mostly from bad angles, Varlamov was shaky but they couldn't get to the middle of the ice at all, credit to NYI, but they just couldn't string together any passing plays to unlock the d, even Crosby was passing into teammates skates.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah. Pitt is getting a lot of SOG but they're mostly from bad angles, Varlamov was shaky but they couldn't get to the middle of the ice at all, credit to NYI, but they just couldn't string together any passing plays to unlock the d, even Crosby was passing into teammates skates.

I'm in agreement that Pitt on paper and on the ice doesn't look all that impressive. Thank the good lord tho that they won that game last night otherwise this is a short series and they'd be in a very solid position to beat the survivor of Boston/Washington as they are going to beat the living crap out of each other in a likely 7 game series.

Not sure this series can go 7 games but I can see it for sure going 6 and if we want the Bruins or Caps to have any chance of knocking off the Isles, Pens need to extend this series. I guess what I'm saying is I'm nervous as shit that the Isles have what it takes to make it to the ECF for sure if not the Cup finals and that simply cannot happen on our watch!!...lol

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
they're boring but effective

Undisputedly. The Rangers are also effective playing much more interesting hockey. The Rangers' problem is more that the rebuilding team isn't ready to compete.

I hope for a team like the Avs to win this year. Even Tampa have a higher entertainment factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad