Around The NHL Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
1. It is a miracle we got a 2nd for Lias
2. DeAngelo is not getting traded, because all we'd get back is a 3rd at best, if this is what the market is for taking on cap.
3. I shudder to think what we'd get back for Georgiev if we decided to keep Lundqvist.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
1. It is a miracle we got a 2nd for Lias
2. DeAngelo is not getting traded, because all we'd get back is a 3rd at best, if this is what the market is for taking on cap.
3. I shudder to think what we'd get back for Georgiev if we decided to keep Lundqvist.

It is pretty outlandish that we got a second for Lias based on some of these other trades.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Murray and Gudbranson were about shedding salary though - Lias is on an ELC.

Be that as it may, Murray is a former #2OA with one year remaining on a reasonable contract. The only negative you can really say is he’s made of the thinnest glass imaginable and misses 25-50% of each season, but the flip side to that is he doesn’t count against the cap whenever he’s on the IR, so he’s really not a bad contract. I’m not surprised he was cheap, I’m just surprised he was THAT cheap. He’s actually really solid whenever he manages to play.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Be that as it may, Murray is a former #2OA with one year remaining on a reasonable contract. The only negative you can really say is he’s made of the thinnest glass imaginable and misses 25-50% of each season, but the flip side to that is he doesn’t count against the cap whenever he’s on the IR, so he’s really not a bad contract. I’m not surprised he was cheap, I’m just surprised he was THAT cheap. He’s actually really solid whenever he manages to play.

If the Rangers had a LD closer to making the NHL full-time, taking the 1 year contract on Murray would of been perfect. On top of that, access to the top notch medical personnel of the Rangers could only be a value add for Ryan.

We'll see if how he'll do after his latest back injury, because it's such a sad career of talent ruined by injuries.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
For those who cried about Lias, imagine your #2 overall getting traded for a 5th rounder. Granted they got a few more seasons out of him but ooof! I think we made out quite well with Cuylle
Should have traded Murray for the Isles entire draft class like Snow offered back on draft day in 2012.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Why are the Rangers not interested in OEL? Talented top pair LHD. Would seem to answer our prayers. I would deal with the potential cap issues 2 years down the road. I happen to think that although we have a ton of young talent, we could put ourselves in a position to win while Zibs is still a bargain and players like Igor and Fox are still making peanuts.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Why are the Rangers not interested in OEL? Talented top pair LHD. Would seem to answer our prayers. I would deal with the potential cap issues 2 years down the road. I happen to think that although we have a ton of young talent, we could put ourselves in a position to win while Zibs is still a bargain and players like Igor and Fox are still making peanuts.

lol look at his contract and that explains why

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

He's regressed badly & that contract is an albatross. Hard pass.

Regardless, we weren't on his list of teams he would waive for.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He's regressed badly & that contract is an albatross. Hard pass.

Regardless, we weren't on his list of teams he would waive for.
pretty sure he has the 2nd highest cap hit for LHD after Josi. And he's not even that good. Sure he'd be an upgrade for us but maddon', that contract

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Imagine if Trouba was the second highest paid RHD in the league.

Reactions: frozenrubber

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The $8.25-million cap hit for 7 years is a big contract and some believe he will not be the same level player moving forward that he was for Arizona thus far.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Krug to the Blues all but assures Pietrangelo. That means no DeAngelo deal and no Glass/Krebs like I want. Dang.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
As far as I understand the Rangers cap space is essentially maxed-out now.

Reactions: kovazub94

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Krug to the Blues all but assures Pietrangelo. That means no DeAngelo deal and no Glass/Krebs like I want. Dang.

I don’t know, I think Columbus and Calgary are making hard pushes for him and Vegas still doesn’t have the available cap. He may be holding out for Vegas to clear money, but if no one helps them out he’ll end up moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad