Around the NHL: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Hischier is in a unique situation where he technically doesn't have to serve in the army because of his status as an athlete. Kakko could get the same exemption status in Finland. There is talk about them considering him helping Finland win the WC as "serving his country" and not having to do his military service.

Interesting situation to follow.

yeah i'm assuming it was completely his choice cause under normal circumstances with the training camp started in september I don't think he'd be doing it. but as it stands the devils might not play until january...but credit for him for fulfilling the obligation that his fellow countrymen do when he didn't have to because of his circumstances.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
so probably Vegas/Vancouver and Toronto?
Yeah Vancouver seems like a front runner for sure. If I had to guess still feel it would be Vegas just because of having at least one US hub city.

3 games a day I'm guessing in the play in round along with the seeding of the top 4 teams from each conference.
Does that mean some games will start in afternoon?

Reactions: FultonReed

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah Vancouver seems like a front runner for sure. If I had to guess still feel it would be Vegas just because of having at least one US hub city.

3 games a day I'm guessing in the play in round along with the seeding of the top 4 teams from each conference.
Does that mean some games will start in afternoon?

I would imagine the West Coast games start at 4pm eastern, yeah.

Reactions: Barnaby and bl02

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I believe it is only for the purposes of visas...no players contract will expire while the current season is still being played.
But are contracts signed for future service in effect? Asking because of July 1, Trouba’s no trade is in effect. Not that I expect him to be traded but at least we can finally silence those few posters who continually pontificate about this.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
sounds like the logical response to 11 players testing positive 3 days ago.

Bettman:
c3lxorsxlq711.jpg

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I realize this is one of the worst sites on the net and no one would ever use it for serious purposes, I just had to mention this. Ranker has Ryan McDonagh ranked as the 14th best Ranger of all time ahead of guys such as Vanbiesbrouck, Gretzky, Greschner, Howell, and Walt Tkachuk. :rolleyes:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
But are contracts signed for future service in effect? Asking because of July 1, Trouba’s no trade is in effect. Not that I expect him to be traded but at least we can finally silence those few posters who continually pontificate about this.

Always good to try and silence productive discussion about the team that you may not agree with. If your, or a GMs, thought process is "We are not trading Player X under any circumstances" then you are just not doing your job as a GM/are being lazy. Player X can be anyone on the team. It doesn't matter who it is.

In any case it is fairly safe assumption (note that this does not mean it it is necessarily the case by definition of "assumption") that clauses for next season will not go into effect until the start of the next league year when players are eligible to sign FA deals.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

like i've said though it has nothing to do with anything except expiring contracts for players that need a work visa. if teams have already signed a player for next year than one would assume that they have already gotten the visa extended for the length of that contract and its a non-issue. the questions about clauese and signing bonuses, etc are valid questions and the league hasn't said anything about them, they just don't apply to what was announced.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Always good to try and silence productive discussion about the team that you may not agree with. If your, or a GMs, thought process is "We are not trading Player X under any circumstances" then you are just not doing your job as a GM/are being lazy. Player X can be anyone on the team. It doesn't matter who it is.

In any case it is fairly safe assumption (note that this does not mean it it is necessarily the case by definition of "assumption") that clauses for next season will not go into effect until the start of the next league year when players are eligible to sign FA deals.

being annoyed at people obsessing over a scenario when its clear that the team doesn't agree isn't even remotely the same as saying JG shouldn't explore every option. It's been stated by many people that JG explores every possible option. he explores options that we could never even imagine. if anything it might even be a flaw of his that he explores everything too much instead of jumping on. no one is saying he shouldn't be doing that, but what we do or don't discuss has nothing to do with it.

and no it isn't productive discussions to repeat the same thing 47 million times when there has been zero indication that the rangers have any interest in moving him...if another team calls up and makes a huge offer of course JG will listen but until there is any evidence of that what exactly are we discussing?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I realize this is one of the worst sites on the net and no one would ever use it for serious purposes, I just had to mention this. Ranker has Ryan McDonagh ranked as the 14th best Ranger of all time ahead of guys such as Vanbiesbrouck, Gretzky, Greschner, Howell, and Walt Tkachuk. :rolleyes:

I'd put McDonagh ahead of the Beezer and as great as he is, Gretzky who was only here 3 years.

I'd put McDonagh behind Greshner, Howell and Tkachuk.

So IMO, Ranker is about half right.

Reactions: Barnaby

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

in addition to discussing why it seems likely that vancouver (west) and vegas (east) will be the hub cities, they also touch on the schedule and dealing with both being pacific time zone. said to expect triple headers during the play-in round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad