Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The Panthers having to cut salary going into next season after handing out one of the worst deals in the league is hilarious.

Small sample size much?

Gallant is biding his time, why take a job from some random team now when you can have a dozen teams line up for your services in the summer

Well, considering the direction Vegas was heading before Gallant was terminated to where they are now, I don't think so.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Is everyone still not worried that the isles can go on a run this spring? I’m thinking back to the 2011-2012 Kings and that was a team that really struggled to score goals during the regular season, made a nice trade or two at the deadline, was only the 8 seed (I think), and then really came together during the playoffs and only lost 3 or 4 games the entire playoffs. I’m kinda worried the isles will do something like that.
I am not. The fact that they were trying to trade for Zach Parise says all you need to know about that team’s contention.

Also, fancy stats weren’t popular back in 2012. If we had then what we have now, many fewer people would have been surprised by their Cup run. From January 2012 onward, they had the best CF% and xGF%, with one of the lowest PDO. Similar to what the Knights are doing now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siddi

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is everyone still not worried that the isles can go on a run this spring? I’m thinking back to the 2011-2012 Kings and that was a team that really struggled to score goals during the regular season, made a nice trade or two at the deadline, was only the 8 seed (I think), and then really came together during the playoffs and only lost 3 or 4 games the entire playoffs. I’m kinda worried the isles will do something like that.

Literally just you.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Sounds like AV took his time away to adjust his 3rd period strategy:
They’ve kept their foot down when trying to hold a lead in the third. You could have seen that in action on Tuesday night, when the Flyers entered the third period with a 3-1 lead and managed to stifle any real comeback attempts from San Jose, outshooting them 9-3 in the process.

Well that’s annoying.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Literally just you.

yeah not concerned about the Isles but am starting to get concerned about the Flyers. That AV boost that got us to the final... I know everyone in here is convinced he's the worst coach of all time but he's got a track record of really improving teams right away.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
yeah not concerned about the Isles but am starting to get concerned about the Flyers. That AV boost that got us to the final... I know everyone in here is convinced he's the worst coach of all time but he's got a track record of really improving teams right away.

I don't see it with them either.

They gonna get ousted by Pitt in round 1.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I’d give the Flyers a 3-4% chance. Honestly though I’m indifferent to them.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
What the heck happened to this Nashville team?

Forsberg outperforms every forward on the club. Leads the Preds in Goals. Gets demoted to the 4th line for tonight's game.
Grimaldi gets called up to the 1st line. Gets himself a helper. They win. Next game they demote him to the 3rd line and take him off PP.
Marcus Granlund went from middle 6 to 4th line RW.
Team makes this 3way blockbuster of a deal, land Turris. They give him a new 6 yr deal. He’s got 28pts and has been on the 3rd line almost all season long.
This club went from SC Contender to an absolute mess! They won 2 in a row but i'm going to bet they start to fall off the map very soon.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As a fan of Colorado and the Rangers a 3 point game was the worst option.

But the Rangers need it more, Colorado has games in hand. Get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad