Around the NHL: Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
My preseason Stanley Cup finalists playing tonight in Boston as the Avalanche and the Bruins tied at 1-1 after the first period.

This would be huge for Colorado if they could pull a win off especially since Grubauer left the game middle of the first with possibly a groin pull...we'll see.

Anyone else besides me pick these two teams to be our Cup finalists? If not, who were your two teams you thought were going to be in the Cup finals...just curious?
I figured Calgary and TB . I still think TB will win the East and will make the moves needed before or at the deadline to address any shortage of truculence/playoff type of guys. Far as the West....I figured Blues would suffer the Cup Hangover and Calgary would slide in . Well....now it is kind of s dogfight but Colorado is certainly a favorite.....sure hope they grab Kreider....and we can convince Henrik to go as well with us picking up half his tab for a small return .

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Starting to get nervous about New Jersey. They’re on the fast track to another top pick. In the NHL if you suck long enough you eventually accrue elite talent , simply through attrition. Much like Colorado, Edmonton, and Vancouver, Jersey is coming up on a decade of sucking ass and picking high. It’s only a matter of time until they join those teams.

Kind of agree but other than Colorado, of those teams you mentioned who excellend in suckage, who really is a Cup contender? Obviously it's just the Avalanche.

Reason I'm not as concerned as maybe I should be about Jersey is because I'm not convinced their management team(ie...Shero) is savvy enough to make the kind of draft picks other than "no brainers" that is required in order to have a successful rebuild.

All one needs to do is look at the ineptitude of the Oilers over the past decade as despite all those high draft picks , they are what they are today which is a two man team capable of maybe having a decent too good regular season which has been rare of them but who very very likely IF they get into the playoffs will likely be one and done as I'd anticipate will happen this year as when you only have two players even studly players yet no depth, you can effectivly be shut down by a solid defensive system.

Hall will be gone soon and the Debbies will have Hughes and Hischier and a bunch of borderline 2nd/3rd liners and shaky goaltending left. Even if they lucked out like you say again and got Lefranier, I still don't think they'd have enough to even sniff a playoff spot in the next 4-5 years.

We'll see but I'd expect once our rebuild is done, our main competitors in the Metro will not include the Debs and more than likely will be the Caps, Canes, Islanders and Flyers and probably the Pens seeing unlike the Devils, they do have good mngt and always seem to make great draft selections.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I too think Calgary will get their shit together and I can also see Kreider in that RED uni. and would be a good fit and compliment their speedy type game. Come to think of it, Hank could do worse playing on that team as well. I question their goaltending and Hank would be their answer.
In the East, unfortunately it seems like the CAPS will be there again, Boston is one significant injury away from becoming average. Just hope that its NOT Boston as their fans are already spoiled in just about every sport.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Y’all wanna see something funny I found?

Attachments

• 4EC01646-5890-4F8C-A763-377594923673.jpeg
    4EC01646-5890-4F8C-A763-377594923673.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 7

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Duclair seems to score a goal every night. wtf! he's gonna score 30-40 goals this year???
Still remember his first goal as a Ranger. It was a beauty.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Starting to get nervous about New Jersey. They’re on the fast track to another top pick. In the NHL if you suck long enough you eventually accrue elite talent , simply through attrition. Much like Colorado, Edmonton, and Vancouver, Jersey is coming up on a decade of sucking ass and picking high. It’s only a matter of time until they join those teams.

big trouble if they win the lottery again. Nervous too.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Graves is a +20 he also 5 goals and 12 points. That’s not bad for a 6/7 defense first guy. Colorado is getting help from everyone right now.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i'm imagining the fancy stat people twitch seeing people use +/- to argue a guys value lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Colorado is getting solid contributions from every line and all their Dman. Francouz is an excellent #2 goalie behind Grubauer as well.

Heck all of a sudden Nichuskin has become viable again as he's been red hot the past few weeks as he scored again tonight. And as I type this Calgary scores 12 seconds into the 3rd period to take the 3-2 lead.

Not matter, a healthy Avalanche team is my pick to represent the West in the Cup finals...they are absolutely loaded.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Colorado down 4-2 and needing the league MVP IMO to lead them back get in it, MacKinnon to the rescue as he uses his sick speed and than snipes a goal top shelf to pull the Avalanche to 4-3...he's so f***ing good my lord!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad