Around the NHL: Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Cherry is a xenophobic asshat.

That’s the bitch of it though isn’t it? This guy has been spewing xenophobic nonsense for decades and that was totally okay by the standards of Sportsnet, but one comment about immigrants in the twilight of his career was the tipping point.

Stereotyping entire nation(s) of people for years is cool, but saying immigrants should support the country they immigrated to is too far. Okay... this reeks of an agenda or ulterior motives, but what else is new.

Cherry is a blowhard to be sure and deserved to be fired a long time ago, but I’m not praising Sportsnet.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
when don cherry goes off on one of his rants and ron maclean would be like 'come on you can't say that' it always reminded me of the good old days watching bobby the brain heenan and gorilla monsoon...only don cherry wasn't just saying stuff as a heel character, he believed it lol

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
ignoring all of the 'comments' he made over the years...when was the last time don cherry said anything note worthy or informative about hockey?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Nor should you or anyone.

They've been giving him a platform to do his BS for too long, and they're late to letting him go. They're no smarter than Cherry is.

you mean supporting something until it potentially effects your wallet doesn't make you 'woke'?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Knowing myself and the fact that I would be getting myself (and our mods) in loads of trouble if I would engage in the Don Cherry debate I've decided to sit this one out but I am truly baffled by the ignorant take from some of our members. Words do matter and they can indeed hurt. The fact that the one spewing the words is old, sick or amusing/good television to some of you doesn't change the fact that words can be dangerous. Especially if the one spewing them have access to a large nationwide platform. I mean we dont have to cross the border up north for my point to be valid. It is happening in the US everyday.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That’s the ***** of it though isn’t it? This guy has been spewing xenophobic nonsense for decades and that was totally okay by the standards of Sportsnet, but one comment about immigrants in the twilight of his career was the tipping point.

Stereotyping entire nation(s) of people for years is cool, but saying immigrants should support the country they immigrated to is too far. Okay... this reeks of an agenda or ulterior motives, but what else is new.

Cherry is a blowhard to be sure and deserved to be fired a long time ago, but I’m not praising Sportsnet.

Not going to get involved in this too much but Cherry being fired because he says immigrants should spend a dollar on a poppy, after all the shit he has said over the last 2-3 decades, just makes no sense.

He should have been fired a long time ago. Not over poppies

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Knowing myself and the fact that I would be getting myself (and our mods) in loads of trouble if I would engage in the Don Cherry debate I've decided to sit this one out but I am truly baffled by the ignorant take from some of our members. Words do matter and they can indeed hurt. The fact that the one spewing the words is old, sick or amusing/good television to some of you doesn't change the fact that words can be dangerous. Especially if the one spewing them have access to a large nationwide platform. I mean we dont have to cross the border up north for my point to be valid. It is happening in the US everyday.
Says he's not going to get involved. Proceeds to get involved. :)

Reactions: tbassler and Siddi

Deleted member 23124

Not going to get involved in this too much but Cherry being fired because he says immigrants should spend a dollar on a poppy, after all the **** he has said over the last 2-3 decades, just makes no sense.

He should have been fired a long time ago. Not over poppies
They were making him sleepy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad