Around the NHL: Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Kane ejected after a cheap shot on Gudas. Something hella ironic seeing Caps fans in a tizzy over it, just can't quite put my finger on why...

Had me thinking, when was the last time a Ranger got suspended for a dirty hit? Honestly can't remember.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
He really would be an excellent replacement but there is no way Vegas deals him. In fact didn't they sign him last season for 7 years? I may be wrong but I thought I read that.

He aint going nowhere but damn, he's really good and would love him here.

He's signed through '25-'26. I wanted him on the Rangers for a long time - back then I thought he'd be a bigger, stronger version of what Lemieux is right now, but he's surpassed those expectations. And yeah, no way Vegas deals him for anything less than massive overpayment.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
833f7174-9bd7-4fc3-b000-08997ffa32c8-jpeg.285785
Related:
IMG_20191203_163759.jpg

Reactions: Nickmo82

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Kane ejected after a cheap shot on Gudas. Something hella ironic seeing Caps fans in a tizzy over it, just can't quite put my finger on why...

Had me thinking, when was the last time a Ranger got suspended for a dirty hit? Honestly can't remember.

I'm probably wrong as there has got to be some Ranger suspended for dirty shit more recently but the last Ranger suspended for a "dirty play" that I recall was Adam Graves in 1992 Patrick Division final vs Penguins when he hacked Lemieux's wrist and I think broke it and caused Mario to miss rest of the playoffs tho they won the Cup anyways they were so loaded with talent.

Not to divert from topic but that might have been as dissapointed a year as I have ever had as a Ranger fan up to that point seeing alot of fans at the time thought that was the year we were going to break the curse as we were loaded with talent as well. But it was not to be but man that Ranger team was good.

Reactions: Kords

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The '92 Ranger playoff run just got me thinking and I've always wondered about this. Why wouldn't the NHL go back to those old Conference names...the Prince of Wales for the East and Campbell Conference out West. Bring back the division names again as well instead of these boring ones we got.

Instead of the Metro...make it the "Patrick Division"....Atlantic could be the "Adams Division".
Out West the Central could be the old "Norris Division" and the Pacific division could be the "Smyth Division" again.

I don't even remember why they even got rid of them....so stupid. Those division names were iconic....bring them back!... :nod:

trench23

Aug 2, 2005
I'm probably wrong as there has got to be some Ranger suspended for dirty **** more recently but the last Ranger suspended for a "dirty play" that I recall was Adam Graves in 1992 Patrick Division final vs Penguins when he hacked Lemieux's wrist and I think broke it and caused Mario to miss rest of the playoffs tho they won the Cup anyways they were so loaded with talent.

Not to divert from topic but that might have been as dissapointed a year as I have ever had as a Ranger fan up to that point seeing alot of fans at the time thought that was the year we were going to break the curse as we were loaded with talent as well. But it was not to be but man that Ranger team was good.
Hollweg comes to mind... man I loved him and his energy, though i know the tide turned late in his ranger career

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
The '92 Ranger playoff run just got me thinking and I've always wondered about this. Why wouldn't the NHL go back to those old Conference names...the Prince of Wales for the East and Campbell Conference out West. Bring back the division names again as well instead of these boring ones we got.

Instead of the Metro...make it the "Patrick Division"....Atlantic could be the "Adams Division".
Out West the Central could be the old "Norris Division" and the Pacific division could be the "Smyth Division" again.

I don't even remember why they even got rid of them....so stupid. Those division names were iconic....bring them back!... :nod:
Fully agree on the names, I was really hoping they would do that when they reaarranged the divisions but to no avail.

Reactions: Maximus

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

My guess is Marketability.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
My guess is Marketability.

My brother who’s a year younger than me and obviously a huge Ranger fan as well, just texted me and said reason the league changed conference and division names was cause Bettman in his infinite wisdom thought changing the names to something more geographical would help new fans identify with teams easier.

Not sure Bettman was right and more than likely he isn’t but it is what is tho I’m a sucker for some of the older aspects about the NHL than maybe some others and so wish they would have let things be.

Anyways your answer Snow is kind of correct...we’ll done!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm probably wrong as there has got to be some Ranger suspended for dirty **** more recently but the last Ranger suspended for a "dirty play" that I recall was Adam Graves in 1992 Patrick Division final vs Penguins when he hacked Lemieux's wrist and I think broke it and caused Mario to miss rest of the playoffs tho they won the Cup anyways they were so loaded with talent.

Someone on a tryout got suspended a couple of pre-seasons ago. Before that I think it would have been J Moore who got done a few times for high hits, or Hagelin and Prust who both got suspended in the same playoff run.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Leafs Avalanche 0-0 after 1st period.

Pretty entertaining game with lots of firepower just ready to unload.

It’s no surprise the Leafs are struggling. They have 4 main offense side players and their depth pieces are underwhelming. That Kadri trade looks horrid. With injuries to any of those 4 main guys (Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Tavares) they’ll struggle to be able to load up two lines. They’re going to struggle moving forward too as I don’t see much in the way of hell up front coming soon. That and their defense needs to be revamped.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Someone on a tryout got suspended a couple of pre-seasons ago. Before that I think it would have been J Moore who got done a few times for high hits, or Hagelin and Prust who both got suspended in the same playoff run.

I recall Prust got suspended but that was as a Canadian when he broke Stepan's jaw...that rat bastard.

I'm still pissed at how dirty that was for Prust who was a Ranger for 4 years as he did that on purpose no two ways about it.

Reactions: leetch99 and Kords

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
assists to Rantanen, who hasn’t missed a step, and Makar. Such a filthy team.

Yup...we've talked about this often and I've said this a few times, there is only one team in the league that has a future as bright as ours is and that would be Colorado.

They are absolutely loaded and will be perennial Cup contenders or the next decade especially since Grubauer looks like the real deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yup...we've talked about this often and I've said this a few times, there is only one team in the league that has a future as bright as ours is and that would be Colorado.

They are absolutely loaded and will be perennial Cup contenders or the next decade especially since Grubauer looks like the real deal.

if Carolina can solve their goaltending, they’ll be pretty good.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The "impostor" who's portraying Nuchiskin this year strikes again...lol. Unreal how good he's been for Colorado this year as this is nothing like the guy who played for Dallas once upon a time as he was such a disappointment for them.

What a difference he's been for them as this is the guy Dallas thought they were drafting.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad