Around the NHL (Part XV): Dupuis out 6 months (At least) with blood clot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I dunno, where have you been?

And I just looked it up but it looks like Gaborik actually came back Nov. 2. :laugh:

Now you tell me what is going on with Varlamov and why he was a scratch and they have some goalie named Pickard playing for the Avs. Is he hurt?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Byfuglien is the perfect solution to our major cap troubles. Sharp or Seabrook are the guys out the door, right? Byfuglien could conceivably fill in either spot and allow Stan to take the best deal rather than telegraphing the trade like he had to do this summer with Leddy.

Also, You get rid of Bickell and replace with Buff. Upgrade. Also, you could get a little retention on Buff if you sweeten the pot. I think it could happen.

You give Winnipeg a 1st + good piece or 2 and then 1 of Buff, Sharp, Seabrook leave this summer and you will more than likely get a 1st back in that deal so it's kind of a zero sum deal.

It's always been overkill to have to trade Sharp or Seabrook this offseason, it leaves us with a little more cap space then we'd need. Going from Bickell to Buff is the way to go IMO.

You're offering a pair of bit pieces and a late first. Not only are you dumping Bickell but you want them to retain money?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You're offering a pair of bit pieces and a late first. Not only are you dumping Bickell but you want them to retain money?

Nah, they'd be separate deals. One I'd guess for Bickell + Morin/Clendening/something for stuff, and then a WPG trade for a 1st+. Buff has started the season badly, but he still gets some good stuff.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What would you realistically expect back for Bickell Morin and Clendenning? That's two forward roster spots somewhere.

Bickell +Clendening =2/3rd rounder
Bickell+Morin=3rd rounder.

If you're talking about players, the offer from Florida fans is Bickell, Morin. 3rd for Kopecky/Shore. I'd make it a second and get 50% retained on Kopecky, then you have 3.5-4 in space +your TDL cap space to go get a pretty big time player like Byfuglien or Ladd or some other UFA wing like Jagr/Stafford/Vermeer/ward to fill in that Bickell spot.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So your roster looks like this:
Sharp Toews Hossa
Saad Richards Kane
Buff(or someone else) Shaw Versteeg
Kopecky Kruger Smith

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seguin with goals #16 and #17 tonight

Bruins top 4 goal scorers have 17 combined goals

I didn't think that trade would turn out being such a disaster. But apparently the trade was wake up call Seguin needed to take his game to next level

member 151739

I dunno, where have you been?

And I just looked it up but it looks like Gaborik actually came back Nov. 2. :laugh:

Now you tell me what is going on with Varlamov and why he was a scratch and they have some goalie named Pickard playing for the Avs. Is he hurt?

What the hey? :laugh:

And I don't know about Varly. Maybe hurt?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
ZLCQnqx.jpg

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I really like that Florida offer. I'd even be fine with making the 3rd a 2nd without Florida retaining any of Kopecky's salary. But the Hawks don't need to be going after Buff or Ladd.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I agree that this trade is most likely not happening, like pretty much every proposal on this site.

But Upshall, Fleischmann, and Bergenheim will be UFAs in addition to Kopecky. Adding Bickell does not ruin their chances to play young players moving forward. Plus Florida has a lot of cap space, a trade history with Chicago, and a somewhat promising future with all that young talent. We also don't know if Bickell would or would not be willing to go to Florida.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I agree that this trade is most likely not happening, like pretty much every proposal on this site.

But Upshall, Fleischmann, and Bergenheim will be UFAs in addition to Kopecky. Adding Bickell does not ruin their chances to play young players moving forward. Plus Florida has a lot of cap space, a trade history with Chicago, and a somewhat promising future with all that young talent. We also don't know if Bickell would or would not be willing to go to Florida.

Yea, as far as HF trades go, this one is pretty feasible given all the reason you spelled out here. Anyways, fun to play "what if".

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 35s36 seconds ago
Can't say with certainty an EDM-CBJ trade will be consummated but by all accounts they're working very hard to make something happen.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
See @TSNAaronWard's timeline for details. Perron and Anisimov primary names mentioned but others are also apparently being discussed.

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline · 24m 24 minutes ago
Hearing chatter that a deal between #CBJ and #Oilers is well along in the process. @TSNAaronWard mentions Perron and Anisimov as likely

Fun times coming on HF ,, Always like a trade with well known names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad