Around The NHL (Part XLI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Fish

CONQUERED
Nov 23, 2010
New York
See but that's the thing. It's like their 3rd game in the regular season. I don't think it's a "huge" goal.

I just don't think the goal deserved that kind of celebration where you blow past your teammates and slide to center ice.

If I was an Oilers fan I might be singing a different tune, who knows.

I know in the context of an entire season its not huge, but within that game itself there was alot of emotion, it was definitely a bit excessive but i enjoyed it.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
True, I suppose. I'm just bitter that we live in a world where Arty's sniper celly is heretical to everybody else, so **** every other team :laugh:.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
True, I suppose. I'm just bitter that we live in a world where Arty's sniper celly is heretical to everybody else, so **** every other team :laugh:.

How can anyone celebrate when they don't score a goal for the Rangers is what I am wondering???

Like it matters if you score a goal in Edmonton, Alberta. ;)

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Breakes his hand and dislocates his shoulder making a glove save. Over/under 5 minutes?

On a serious note, it's always painful to see talent go to waste, even if it's for the Islanders.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Anyone know how Redden did tonight? Kind of curious considering he was playing with Pietrangelo on the 1st pair, and STL fans have been saying Pietrangelo hasn't been himself "so far" this season.

Played well, looks to move the puck everytime he gets it. Skating was much better than what I remember. 17 minutes, 2 minute minor for interference in the 3rd period when he was probably a bit gassed.

Tarasenko was 2nd star of the game, only cause Berglund scored on a penalty shot and had an assist.

Korpikoski just made it 3-1 vs Sharks. Boy that was a stupid trade.

You're tellin me !

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Meszaros will miss a month with his latest injury per Flyers…Knuble is signed and on the plane with the team to Florida.

Flyers now have:

Briere - supposed to be back this weekend
Hartnell
Bourdon
Pronger
Mezsaros
Rinaldo

Kershaw

Personally if I was one of Yak's teammates I would have been pissed. Not a fan of that display.

Sarcasm?

His teammates were pumped on the bench and even skated with him while he slid past center ice. They don't give a ****, they scored the tying goal after a questionable 'no goal' call.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'm sure most of his teammates loved it because it's a young team and it's a big show of enthusiasm and emotion from the new guy. I'm sure most of them had no problem with it and were laughing and yukking it up in the room after the game.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I thought it was awesome! Definitely over the top but it's not like it was planned and it was just pure emotion after having just tied the game only to have the goal called back. That game was something else.

*Bob Richards*

You gotta love it. Its nice to see some enthusiasm and some character. Makes for a more interesting league.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Knuble back to the Flyers...

You know, Mike wouldn't have been a terrible choice for our third-line.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I hate crazy celebrations, but, I don't mind Yakupov's especially considering how that game had gone and the time he scored, midway through the second? Yeah it would have been an issue, but to tie one of your very first NHL games with like 10 seconds left, after your team had fought an uphill battle all night and had a goal called off? Good for him.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So Ryan O'Reilly & Subban left to sign as RFAs. Wonder if the Habs deal Subban like McKenzie indicated and where he will wind up. Stay away from The Atlantic please

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
So Ryan O'Reilly & Subban left to sign as RFAs. Wonder if the Habs deal Subban like McKenzie indicated and where he will wind up. Stay away from The Atlantic please

too bad gainey wasn't still there....sather could get him and prust for rupp, Halpern, and a bag of pucks! haha

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

The Islanders would be smart to try and acquire him especially with Streit's contract coming to an end and de Haan injury prone. They have the pieces and can afford to trade some picks to make a deal like that.

Still, Montreal won't get full value because he wants too much money and too long a deal, and he's known as a locker room problem which won't fly in a lot of clubs. Torts would destroy him.

If the Rangers could get him for cheap, I'd be all for it because he has a cannon from the point after all, but there's no way I'd be willing to deal much for him. Montreal would probably want Staal or Del Z a first and one of Fasth, Lindberg, or Nieves.

Most I'd offer is a second in 2014, one of the thirds this year, Fogarty, and Noreau. (I'm ready for the HFBoards stewed tomatoes..I never said this was a great deal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad