Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

Kings play the way the Rangers should.

Finish. Every. Check.

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
Mitchell is a ******* warrior, Avs fans loving him so far.

His face is taking a beating though

r600x600.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs fan: Loving Mitchell; warrior, underrated hands, physical, and decent shot.

2 goals in 3 games and hit the post late in the 3rd against CBJs.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Anyone know how Redden did tonight? Kind of curious considering he was playing with Pietrangelo on the 1st pair, and STL fans have been saying Pietrangelo hasn't been himself "so far" this season.

Kershaw

Avs fan: Loving Mitchell; warrior, underrated hands, physical, and decent shot.

2 goals in 3 games and hit the post late in the 3rd against CBJs.

Everyone except me said he sucked.

Mitchell has been a huge loss for the Rangers. They can't maintain a breakout without his hands.

KreiMeARiver*

Anyone know how Redden did tonight? Kind of curious considering he was playing with Pietrangelo on the 1st pair, and STL fans have been saying Pietrangelo hasn't been himself "so far" this season.

Redden didn't look bad at all. He actually looked like one of the better D-Men for the Blues, tonight.

Then I put on the Oilers.....

what a game!!!

Punxrocknyc19*

Korpikoski just made it 3-1 vs Sharks. Boy that was a stupid trade.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Decent goal, excessive celebration.

As somebody who was fine with the Ovy heating his stick goal celebration, I think that's a little ridiculous. Go ahead and run right past your team, kid. :laugh:

edit: Just saw there was only 10 seconds left...still a little ridiculous to run all the way to center ice but it makes a little more sense.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Decent goal, excessive celebration.

As somebody who was fine with the Ovy heating his stick goal celebration, I think that's a little ridiculous. Go ahead and run right past your team, kid. :laugh:

edit: Just saw there was only 10 seconds left...still a little ridiculous to run all the way to center ice but it makes a little more sense.

They tied the game moments earlier and had the goal waived off when it was clearly a good goal. They were robbed. Then Yakupov ties it, in his third (?) NHL game, with under 6 seconds on the clock. I think it's less excessive than the Ovie stick celebration, which was lame and premeditated. It was a bit over the top, but it was real, pure emotion. The 18 year old was pumped.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
If your gonna score a huge goal might as well have a huge celebration.

See but that's the thing. It's like their 3rd game in the regular season. I don't think it's a "huge" goal.

I just don't think the goal deserved that kind of celebration where you blow past your teammates and slide to center ice.

If I was an Oilers fan I might be singing a different tune, who knows.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
See but that's the thing. It's like their 3rd game in the regular season. I don't think it's a "huge" goal.

I just don't think the goal deserved that kind of celebration where you blow past your teammates and slide to center ice.

If I was an Oilers fan I might be singing a different tune, who knows.

It was only huge because they legitimately tied it just before that and somehow had the goal waived off. So they went from being high about tying it to super low and thinking they're about to lose with a faceoff with 10 seconds left to the rookie scoring the big goal with under 6 seconds. It's not a "huge goal" in the grand scheme of things but to a super young team trying to improve on consecutive terrible years, against the defending SC champs, it probably felt huge to an 18 year old kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad