Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nashville had such a good season but did anyone really think they were legitimate Cup contenders?

I hate to play the injury card but they lost Weber and struggled a bit after. I think with Weber, they push it to a game 7.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gotta love Chicago's offense and defense... But man, their goaltending is suspect.

That being said, it's gotta be entirely on Rinne. All he had to do, as the consensus best goalie in the world, was outplay two vastly inferior goalies. He couldn't do it. That's gotta sting.

Did he get outplayed, or was he taking shots from much better shooters?

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Gotta love Chicago's offense and defense... But man, their goaltending is suspect.

That being said, it's gotta be entirely on Rinne. All he had to do, as the consensus best goalie in the world, was outplay two vastly inferior goalies. He couldn't do it. That's gotta sting.

Rinne was not all world this series but it seems the task for the Preds was winning despite the refs. It seems like their spirits deflated in game 6 once the refs whistled dead that scoring opportunity in front of the open net because the refs ALLEGEDLY could not see the puck after it deflected 5 feet off the goalie.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Nashville had such a good season but did anyone really think they were legitimate Cup contenders?

I think they are a good team, but when you have to face, arguably the best team in the league, it's tough. Hawks are not a perfect team, none exist in a cap world, but they are very good. They look hungry. Coming back from 3-0 in game one to win. Winning a triple ot game. And tonight, coming back from a 3-1 deficit. That impressive.

Also don't forget the Weber injury really hurts the Preds.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space

Rinne was never as good as before his late season injury and so was his team.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not signing Hossa might be one of the key moments in our organization's history that kept the Pens from being insanely good.

Hossa is so ****ing good.

Watching Calgary right now, as silly as it sounds I think chasing after Parise and completely passing on a solid guy like Hudler hurt us more than one would think.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I hate to play the injury card but they lost Weber and struggled a bit after. I think with Weber, they push it to a game 7.

Agreed. Didn't see this post till now. But I was just posting similar. You lose a guy like Weber, well you can't replace that.

Different type player, but same with us and Letang.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Watching Calgary right now, as silly as it sounds I think chasing after Parise and completely passing on a solid guy like Hudler hurt us more than one would think.

Not discussing a trade with Bryan Murray for Z. Michalek hurt more, because Murray traded Nick Foligno for Marc Methot about 10 days after inquiring about Michalek.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not discussing a trade with Bryan Murray for Z. Michalek hurt more, because Murray traded Nick Foligno for Marc Methot about 10 days after inquiring about Michalek.

Man, imagine how much better we'd have been with both of those guys. Actually don't, you'll be sad.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
They tend to become invisible in the playoffs, especially under spotlights manufactured by Chara inc.

Also... I loathe divers/actors like the Sedinettes, ***** Showban etc.

;)

I don't watch the Canucks that much. Too late for me, haha.

Didn't know they were divers or had that rep. News to me.

Subban on the other hand.......talk about bad actors. Can't stand him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Another intense game. Van/Cal 4 all late in the 3rd.

No preference for me in this one. Don't like or hate either team.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, Calgary might have just put the knife in the Canucks.

They score, now, 5-4 Flames. First time they have had the lead in the game. 4 minutes left, they win, they advance.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
You could shoot someone right now, in this game, and they aren't going to call it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hudler has definitely been worth more than I'd have wagered a couple years ago

ya its one I can't blame them for really. And had we signed Parise, I sure as hell wouldn't be saying we should have gone for Hudler instead of chasing the big fish.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow. That Calgary sea of Flames jersey is eye popping. Amazing stuff.

Just not everyone wearing a red color, but everyone wearing Flames jerseys.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
ya its one I can't blame them for really. And had we signed Parise, I sure as hell wouldn't be saying we should have gone for Hudler instead of chasing the big fish.

Oh definitely! Just another failed offseason for our Pens.

Calgary is everything our team isn't right now, very fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad