Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not signing Hossa might be one of the key moments in our organization's history that kept the Pens from being insanely good.

Hossa is so ****ing good.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not signing Hossa might be one of the key moments in our organization's history that kept the Pens from being insanely good.

Does that mean not drafting Saad would be another?

Sid is better than Toews. The difference between Sid and Toews is a lot smaller than the difference between Saad/Hossa and Horny/whoever.

Watching that team just really reminds me why I hate the Pens organization so much. Gifted two generational talents. Refused to build around them. :cry:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Does that mean not drafting Saad would be another?

Sid is better than Toews. The difference between Sid and Toews is a lot smaller than the difference between Saad/Hossa and Horny/whoever.

Watching that team just really reminds me why I hate the Pens organization so much. Gifted two generational talents. Refused to build around them. :cry:

to be fair, we tried to sign Hossa, offering him more money and term than Detroit did.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Haha...what have got against the Sedins?

They seem pretty innocuous.

They tend to become invisible in the playoffs, especially under spotlights manufactured by Chara inc.

Also... I loathe divers/actors like the Sedinettes, ***** Showban etc.

;)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

It's unquestionably one of those moments. Bar none. At least with this generation.

We made him a pretty great offer if I remember, something like 7 years, 7M. He walked not because of our offer but because he thought he'd get in the Cup in Detroit.

But yeah, the world of the Penguins would be a different place if he had signed on the dotted line. Milk spillage. What can you do?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Yeah. I was thinking about that the other day when I was watching the Hawks. He's even getting up there in age, but he's still just a monster on every shift. All over the ice, he's still fast with and without the puck, he's still great offensively. Man...

I'd much rather have the luxury of worrying about the future with a guy like Hossa being 36 than a guy like Kunitz being 36.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keith is ridiculously good. Man.

My favorite defender - but this series has been weird for him. He's been clutch, but he also has 3 really bad goals against. Neal/Forsberg right in front of the net. And tonight he got walked by Cullen.

But then when the game is on the line... the mother****er comes up with the biggest plays of the season.

Strange series for him btu he's been lights out when the game is on the line.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah. I was thinking about that the other day when I was watching the Hawks. He's even getting up there in age, but he's still just a monster on every shift. All over the ice, he's still fast with and without the puck, he's still great offensively. Man...

I'd much rather have the luxury of worrying about the future with a guy like Hossa being 36 than a guy like Kunitz being 36.

Hossa reminds me of Jagr. Both guys could play until they are 60. :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gotta love Chicago's offense and defense... But man, their goaltending is suspect.

That being said, it's gotta be entirely on Rinne. All he had to do, as the consensus best goalie in the world, was outplay two vastly inferior goalies. He couldn't do it. That's gotta sting.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Nashville had such a good season but did anyone really think they were legitimate Cup contenders?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not going to lie - i love Chicago, but I don't want them winning out of jealousy. :laugh: Anaheim, Calgary, St Louis, Tampa, Minnesota. Those are the ones I am pulling for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad