Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If Buffalo wants him i think he will go there.

Buffalo will offer way more money then any of those other teams, it would be almost impossible for DB to say no.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I don't necessarily buy that Bylsma is bad with or hates young players. His best coaching tended to be when injuries forced him to go with call ups. I think his issue here was a) becoming overly partial to certain vets (though their presence on the team wasn't his fault and we saw this year that it wasn't simply a Bylsma problem) and b) very rarely having genuinely talented young players. Despres is arguably the only young guy who deserved to play more than Bylsma used him. (Beau Bennett, for all his talent, should have spent most of those years in WBS.)

Basically he could do good work in Buffalo regardless of the roster's average age. If he's accepted that he needs to adjust to the game more, he could do great work. If he hasn't, he might really set them back by messing with the confidence of the young guys they need to develop right.

That's the most interesting destination for him. I hope he goes there because it'll be fun to watch.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Funny thing is, if i were Buffalo, i'd hire John Hynes. Extensive experience with youth and US Jr teams. Great at developing D. And that whole down 0-3 and winning the series a few years ago. Seen Shero is gonna interview him.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Andersen might as well be sitting on the back bar he's that deep. What the hell is he doing in there?

Edit: Anaheim shoots themselves in the foot, but dodges the bullet to the head. Beleskey on the 2 on 1.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Toews was coincidentally on the ice both times Andersen decided to **** the bed. Even Steve MacIntyre could have scored that fourth goal. Hopefully the Ducks finish the series on Wednesday.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
I couldn't help but notice, really, the only time Toews was noticeable offensively was when he was on the ice with Kane. 2013 all over again.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
3 bad goals by Andersen out of 4. That could have killed the Ducks if they lost that one. They need a bounce back from Andersen, the Hawks are going to come out a lot harder next game.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
3 bad goals by Andersen out of 4. That could have killed the Ducks if they lost that one. They need a bounce back from Andersen, the Hawks are going to come out a lot harder next game.

Agreed but even if Anderson ***** himself again the Ducks have so much depth...

...and that Kesler deflection!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't necessarily buy that Bylsma is bad with or hates young players. His best coaching tended to be when injuries forced him to go with call ups. I think his issue here was a) becoming overly partial to certain vets (though their presence on the team wasn't his fault and we saw this year that it wasn't simply a Bylsma problem) and b) very rarely having genuinely talented young players. Despres is arguably the only young guy who deserved to play more than Bylsma used him. (Beau Bennett, for all his talent, should have spent most of those years in WBS.)

Basically he could do good work in Buffalo regardless of the roster's average age. If he's accepted that he needs to adjust to the game more, he could do great work. If he hasn't, he might really set them back by messing with the confidence of the young guys they need to develop right.

That's the most interesting destination for him. I hope he goes there because it'll be fun to watch.

Right. I don't know where the narrative that "Bylsma can't coach young talent" came from, but it's a myth.

Well, I know where the origin was (Tangradi, Caputi, Jeffrey, Johnson) but I don't know why it persists after those guys all ended up as nothing due to flaws in their game that had nothing to do with him.

The only "prospect" near the level of a Ristolainen or an Eichel that he got his hands on in 6 years was Olli Maatta and I don't see a lot to complain about in how he was handled. These "skilled youngsters" he supposedly "can't coach" are vapor for the most part.

There's Despres, but that strikes me as a textbook coach's vendetta (they all have them) and 1 guy doesn't form a pattern by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad