Around the NHL Part VII - The Good Old Hockey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Apropos of nothing, it sucks to see Maroon develop into the player we hoped Tangradi would be. Those were two prospects who seemed very similar on the surface for a few years, with Tangradi probably even having an edge.

Maroon is now done for the game -lower body injury - after a hit by Josh Gorges. Didn't even look malicious at all but seeing the Ducks get more chippy over it is what I look for in our team. Could have posted this in the 'Adams' thread but it's what we've needed and it's 1000% more valuable to building a team than friggin mustache boy, IMO.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm baffled as to why people would want Maroon. He fits on the Ducks, don't be fooled into thinking he's a good fit on any team because of that.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Matt Bartkowski is really an awful D-man, so glad that Bruins traded Boychuk and are playing this pylon now :laugh: Anyway, the Avs got robbed of a huge good goal in the 3rd but they still killed Boston with 0.3 seconds left. Karma is really a b****.

The Bruins look much more playable this year than a long long time before. Their roster took some bumps this year. Their only win is against the awful Flyers team in an awful game where Flyers were actually close to make some damage.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Buffalo is smart, they'll hire Bylsma and fire Nolan, he'll make them respectable again, Nolan is a horrible coach and well...the Sabres suck and the guy that can get the most out of that roster is Dan.

Or they can keep Nolan and keep up their chances for the big sweepstakes next summer. Because damn, they suck.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Bartkowksi isn't awful, but he isn't a top 4 guy on a contender. Krug isn't either. And Chara has already showed signs of slowing down in consecutive playoffs.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If Buffalo is smart, they'll hire Bylsma and fire Nolan, he'll make them respectable again, Nolan is a horrible coach and well...the Sabres suck and the guy that can get the most out of that roster is Dan.

Or they can keep Nolan and keep up their chances for the big sweepstakes next summer. Because damn, they suck.
Yeah, but what did you expect from them against the Ducks? The Ducks offense is arguably the best in the league, they are absolutely lethal. We got a great win against them in a great game (but Gibson helped us quite a bit there). Buffalo would lose 10/10 against the Ducks really, they have absolutely no answers for those matchups. Bylsma wouldn´t fix it, nobody in this world would.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA

The worst thing that franchise could do would be to hire Bylsma and actually do well with an awful lineup, and miss out on the sweepstakes.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Geez, I´m just looking at the stats and I see that the Ducks outshot the Sabres 44-12. On the road. Someone is tanking hard and someone is really good here, I guess.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Bz3Xij1IMAApFOS.jpg

There's MAYBE 1000 people at the Panthers game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Oh, I see what you did there . . . Adams and Scuderi to Buffalo to Stewart and a 2nd. :naughty:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I feel bad for Panthers fans. There aren't many of them but you have to be a true die hard to keep investing time into that franchise. At least when the Pens were ****** we had ownership that actually gave a damn and wanted to keep the team here, and enough history established that tv numbers stayed up and kept the Pens a viable franchise. Plus every time they have lousy attendance someone can't wait to make a main board thread to kick them while they're down.

penguins2946*

They need to move the Panthers to an actual hockey market. Florida doesn't have a big enough hockey fan base to support 2 teams. Move them to Quebec and keep the divisions the same.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Getzlaf and Perry off to great starts this season, 5 points each in their first 3 games. Wouldn't be surprised to see Getzlaf outscore Giroux and Stamkos, neither of which get to play with a guy a like Perry and maybe finish in the top 3 again this season.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It looks like Philly could possibly be in for a tough year, of course it looked like that last year too and they turned it around anyways. But their defense is so terrible this season that I think it's possible they are among the worst teams in the league. Hartnell is an underrated loss as well. Luckily Buffalo is impossibly bad and will have a hard time not being 30th this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad