Around the NHL Part VII - The Good Old Hockey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Tanner Glass making an impression already. From Rangers' PGT:

Glass was the sole cause of his line losing possession almost every shift they had the puck through the first two periods. Watching that was absolutely insane.

Also games like this are why Glass gets a bad rap...he just is very ineffective in the offense zone. He doesn't DO anything with the puck, just generally loses it. He can't keep a cycle going which is what the team needs that fourth line to do.

Did Glass play? He was invisible.

fourth line, Glass shouldn't be in there.

Malone over Glass needs to happen. You can't expect to win by not playing better options out there.

Take out Glass, plug in Malone.

When a team sticks together, it plays better. What Kreider did was necessary. The real issue here is we are two games in and it is very clear that nobody is afraid of Glass and retaliation.

"I want Malone on the fourth line instead of Fast"

Why? When Glass is one of the most useless, low IQ hockey players I've ever seen. Malone is slow. The fourth line should be

Fast-Moore-Hayes.

Looks like the reality is starting to sink in with the Rangers fans. I do remember reading some quotes during the training camp on the Trade Rumors board where Rangers fans were genuinely happy with Glass and laughed at what Pens fans were saying about him. I wonder if those same people are still singing the praises for Glass behind their keyboards.

penguins2946*

Landeskog may be facing a 10 game suspension, because he left the bench during the stoppage of play to start an altercation with a Wild player after EJ got ejected. That would be a huge blow to the Avs.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Looks like the reality is starting to sink in with the Rangers fans. I do remember reading some quotes during the training camp on the Trade Rumors board where Rangers fans were genuinely happy with Glass and laughed at what Pens fans were saying about him. I wonder if those same people are still singing the praises for Glass behind their keyboards.

Wait untill Orpik gets back to his normal self.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Glass did have a couple decent games in camp, but what that amounted to was a few Rangers fans being pleased with him for a week. Most were quite aware they were getting a trash player in his signing thread.

Speaking of the Rangers, anybody like this Duclaire kid as much as I do? We picked a 5'7 center from the USHL a few picks prior, if anyone's wondering.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But even stronger. They're like...identical.

:laugh:

But yeah seriously, you have two people that have literally played as linemates their entire hockey career, most people can only dream of a linemate that they spent that much time with that is also very skilled.

Twins are ppg players and their fan base whines about them every now and then, if we didn't have Malkin, they'd be awesome as the Pens 2nd line, but I don't know if their speed holds up in the East.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Tanner Glass, ladies and gentlemen

867842523.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It blows my mind how people like Glass and I can probably name about 10 more get the consistent chance to play in the NHL when they do nothing but blow ass. The fact we had a 4th line as bad as they were last year and NOBODY thought to change it simply is something I cannot fathom.

How does that happen? How is he a negative player on the #1 team, be benched consecutive playoffs, but yet still get a job? That would be like my sucking ass at my job for 5 years but still getting raises and moving up. I cannot understand how it works.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Apropos of nothing, it sucks to see Maroon develop into the player we hoped Tangradi would be. Those were two prospects who seemed very similar on the surface for a few years, with Tangradi probably even having an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad