NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The social media world is full of $hitheads and it is only getting worse.

It is entirely possible Hoffman & his fiancée are innocent. It is also entirely possible they are guilty- people say things on social media that they would never dare to say to anyone's face. :(:mad:

Regardless of whether it was them or not, what does it say about the organization when the Karlssons fully believe it was them? Clearly there's some heat there for them to even levy a charge like this.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What is McKenzie smoking? I find it hard to believe any team would throw that kind of money at Johnson. He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs for crying out loud. Even Bergevin is not that stupid, and that's saying something.

Maybe not 6, but I can see Bergevin going 5 per on a long term deal.

I hope he does. Another bad contract to add to his collection of bad contracts.

I'm still holding out hope Bergevin is the GM who will go overboard on Riley Nash.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
and? Lots of 2nd contracts are getting bigger and bigger. IF the player is an exceptional talent.

we will see what Nurse, Hanifin, Werenski, Provorov get

Just looking at OEL's second contract and cap inflation since then a comparable second contract for McAvoy would be:

$4.25m
$4.875m
$7.3m
$7.3m
$7.9m
$8.5m

Six years, AAV $6.7m

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Kyle Turris’ Wife on Twitter

It also sounds like many other wives have corroborated Melinda Karlsson’s statements to other outlets.

I do not want Mike Hoffman anywhere near the Bruins

Still no need to jump to conclusion.

Melinda Karlsson states there is proof

Hoffman and girlfriend say 150 percent, they are innocent

who to believe?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If all these other wives and girlfriends are coming out supporting the Karlsson’s, I’ve got to think Hoffman and his fiancé are dead in the water here.

What if Karlssons girlfriend has "pull" and is the leader of the group

listen , this kind of high school drama, twists...... you can't believe , until there is concrete proof (social media posting, phone ID etc)

If Melinda wants nothing to do with Hoffman finace but for example she keeps calling her... then yes...something is up

but we will likely never know

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Still no need to jump to conclusion.

Melinda Karlsson states there is proof

Hoffman and girlfriend say 150 percent, they are innocent

who to believe?
Well, maybe the people exaggerating percentages over 100%. Usually 110% is the collectively accepted exaggerated percentage for being above and beyond. 150%. Such an odd thing to say. Unless there is some guilt there and he knows you can't be more than 100% and he just adding their collective percentages together, like they should each be 75% believed, added together gets 150%, or maybe he doesn't know anything, but he is still unsure of his girlfriend, so he gives her 50% only out of doubt, or some variation thereabouts.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hoffman value unfortunately drops either way

Bruins should trade for him :laugh:

IF bad news comes out of a Bruins wife....well for Hoffman , it would be either his career or his fiance. He would need to choose

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

listen , this kind of high school drama, twists...... you can't believe , until there is concrete proof (social media posting, phone ID etc)

If Melinda wants nothing to do with Hoffman finace but for example she keeps calling her... then yes...something is up

Kodette Labarbera just tweeted about the situation and backed Melinda.

Kodette is Jason Labarbara’s wife and I don’t believe Jason ever played for Ottawa.

I get what you’re trying to do here but at this point, it’s not looking good for Mike Hoffman.

Reactions: Strafer

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016

I have a hard time believing based off listening to Ottawa fans on their board talk about the Karlsson’s that this is an elaborate plan to get back at her especially involving the police and courts in the matter. I feel you are reaching hard or playing a very bad devils advocate.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Warrior Arena in Brighton, MA
I have yet to get to the new arena. I always used to go to Wilmington for the rookie camp for at least one day.

It's the end of a bad QTR so I won't be able to get there for camp. I will have to read up on DKH's (and everyone who goes) analysis on the youngsters.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I have a hard time believing based off listening to Ottawa fans on their board talk about the Karlsson’s that this is an elaborate plan to get back at her especially involving the police and courts in the matter. I feel you are reaching hard or playing a very bad devils advocate.

The worst thing that has happened in social media , is online Crucifixions without proper due process

Its not new that a "leader" or "popular" person from a group of friends ....tells stories about disliking somebody because of A,B,C ...and these friends follow/back this person

Sometimes its over exaggerated or not even true (not saying Melinda is not telling the truth). So who is the real victim in this case?

IF there is evidence of this guilty persons behavior from the past (past co workers etc), Melinda has concrete proof of harassment (like multiple calls on her phone) vs a fake account.

Melinda probably realizes she can't make her case unless she has some concrete evidence. Yet the Hoffmans say 150 percent they are innocent. Somebody is lying and somebody is telling the truth. Not my call to "guess"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad