NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Doesn’t he “only” make 1 M this year and next year?

Not a lot of reasons for him to suit up and risk the next 40 years of his life?

what did we all say when these guys were signing their lengthy deals with multiple years of 1 mill tacked on the end?

I bet someone somewhere predicted hossa would get a skin rash

am I just upset that boston didn't jump on the bandwagon and sign a couple of these crap contracts ourselves? I don't call savards deal a crap contract because I honestly think he had every intention of honoring it.

very very very predictable though how many of these other guys are walking away from these million dollar contracts after their team has cheated the cap all this time.

boston was punished retroactively with a 35+ contract when Thomas flaked out. we weren't even trying to get away with anything and they punished us. Chicago and Detroit clearly tried to get away with something here... sorry if these players got 'sick' but a retroactive rule should be adopted. these guys should not qualify for ltir. there should be a full cap penalty

Reactions: KnightofBoston

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Didn't think it deserved it's own thread. Chara is playing a charity game today in Norway. Also on the team, Victor Hedman. If paired together will they make the tallest D pairing ever?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Didn't think it deserved it's own thread. Chara is playing a charity game today in Norway. Also on the team, Victor Hedman. If paired together will they make the tallest D pairing ever?
Lotta big names. Zuccarello is funny.

IMG_20180811_084616.jpg

4A27a.jpg

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
what did we all say when these guys were signing their lengthy deals with multiple years of 1 mill tacked on the end?

I bet someone somewhere predicted hossa would get a skin rash

am I just upset that boston didn't jump on the bandwagon and sign a couple of these crap contracts ourselves? I don't call savards deal a crap contract because I honestly think he had every intention of honoring it.

very very very predictable though how many of these other guys are walking away from these million dollar contracts after their team has cheated the cap all this time.

boston was punished retroactively with a 35+ contract when Thomas flaked out. we weren't even trying to get away with anything and they punished us. Chicago and Detroit clearly tried to get away with something here... sorry if these players got 'sick' but a retroactive rule should be adopted. these guys should not qualify for ltir. there should be a full cap penalty
Nobody was punished retroactively for anything. That contract was a 35+ the second it was signed. Chiarelli screwed up on that one, thinking if he signed it before Thomas turned 35, it wouldn't be, not thinking about the contract calendar.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Still don’t think it would match the short lived Chara - Boris Vlabek pairing

Reactions: Strafer

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
It's why I'm kinda glad Tavares didn't sign. Everyone else has been taking fair, but low-end deals with the Bruins. Want to keep paying their other players without shipping them out.
I'm glad we didn't get Tavares and the Leafs will wish they hadn't when he goes all David Clarkson on them. :laugh:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Sekera with a torn Achilles working out. Had surgery today. Out indefinitely. Big blow to an already suspect defense unit.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Sucks for Sekera. That might be his career. Maybe good time to mend fences with Chia and give them McQuaid for discounted price of a 1st and 2nd.

Wingels to Swiss team as well. Not sure what happened to him. He was a key player with the Sharks a couple of years ago and I thought he was a sneaky good pickup last year but didnt really work out.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I'm a fan of guys like that.

Me too.

And I like Ellis, but when I look at the numbers he has put up over the last 4 seasons, they don’t exactly scream “6 Million Dollar Man”.

Good thing he didn’t want to break the bank...

Krug’s deal looks pretty damn good next to an 8 year, $50m contract handed to a soon to be 28 year old Ellis.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Sucks for Sekera. That might be his career. Maybe good time to mend fences with Chia and give them McQuaid for discounted price of a 1st and 2nd.

Wingels to Swiss team as well. Not sure what happened to him. He was a key player with the Sharks a couple of years ago and I thought he was a sneaky good pickup last year but didnt really work out.
I thought the Wingels addition was a good move at the time. He basically floated and did nothing which was odd seeing as he was known as an energy type guy.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Maybe we can now trade Krug for Hopkins now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad