NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Suzuki alone has the potential to make this as bad as the Foresberg deal that McPhee made. He's going all in and he got the best player now, long term I don't think so.
at least he's getting a legit top NHL winger this time. Erat was a middle 6 forward at the best of times and was past his prime when McPhee acquired him. At least with Patches you know what you're getting (a real good top 6 LW)

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I do not hold back when it comes to crapping on the stupid deals and decisions Bergevin makes, which is often. This time he did pretty well. Suzuki was someone I was really hoping the Bs would land back at the time. Kid has all manner of game. He has the potential to be a very good top 6 player in the NHL. Tatar is not awful by any means. Probably will get back closer to form after a bit of a down year. Everyone knew Patches wanted out of Montreal and that Bergevin was in a spot. Rather than try to make a more even trade for a likely overpaid established vet, he went with a dynamic youngster with a ton of potential and a vet who is probably going to give them 40-50 points. Happy that Patches is out west, but not happy that Bergevin made a good deal for the Habs.

Reactions: Estlin and Strafer

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Vegas going for the cup. Wish we gave this package for max then Nash. We probably had to add more but with giving up lindgren spooner 1 st round pick we had the major pieces . Sweeney gave up major assets for nothing.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So long, Max.

upload_2018-9-10_18-52-7.gif

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Vegas going for the cup. Wish we gave this package for max then Nash. We probably had to add more but with giving up lindgren spooner 1 st round pick we had the major pieces . Sweeney gave up major assets for nothing.
A. "major" assets? Like what?
B. "nothing"? Must be nice living in a world where you can look in the rear view mirror on everything. The Nash trade was absolutely fine at the time. No one could have foreseen him getting a concussion.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Problem with that, is that then Pacioretty would then be a Bruin.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Pacioretty signed 4 years/ 7m per

If Vegas gets 30 goal Pacioretty that’s about market value.

It blows my mind that Max Pacioretty will be paid more than Bergeron Marchand and Pastrnak

True but hes younger and on a shorter contract than what Backes got from us even if its 1 mil more per year.

I think its a good deal for both teams. Vegas would rather pay Maxy Pad than Neal or Perron. Guys a little younger deals a little shorter they don't want to get suckered into a Backes deal. Tatar isn't anything special and Suzuki is a mid range prospect. Not the worst return for a team with no leverage but nothing special.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What major asset did Sweeney give up for Nash? Spooner? The third or fourth ranked D prospect in the organization? A late first? It was a good deal, DeBrusk-Krecji_Nash were starting to show good chemistry and becoming a productive second line and would have provided at least some secondary scoring which was one of the issues in the beating they took from Tampa.

I hope Nash opts to come back in midseason and signs with the Bruins,at the very least he provides size, is a good skater and is very good defensively.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What major asset did Sweeney give up for Nash? Spooner? The third or fourth ranked D prospect in the organization? A late first? It was a good deal, DeBrusk-Krecji_Nash were starting to show good chemistry and becoming a productive second line and would have provided at least some secondary scoring which was one of the issues in the beating they took from Tampa.

I hope Nash opts to come back in midseason and signs with the Bruins,at the very least he provides size, is a good skater and is very good defensively.

I rewatched Game 3 against Tampa the other day. Rick Nash and Krejci were outstanding. I also hope Nash comes back midseason

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
True but hes younger and on a shorter contract than what Backes got from us even if its 1 mil more per year.

I think its a good deal for both teams. Vegas would rather pay Maxy Pad than Neal or Perron. Guys a little younger deals a little shorter they don't want to get suckered into a Backes deal. Tatar isn't anything special and Suzuki is a mid range prospect. Not the worst return for a team with no leverage but nothing special.
Maybe true. I’ll ask you this, you have to win a playoff round this season , who do you want to go to battle with, Backes or Pacioretty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad