Around the NHL - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Owen Tippett got himself suspended. There's no video of the hit that I can find. He's already missed two games. The OHL hasn't released an official suspension length. Pretty annoying. Wanted to see this dude take 400 shots in one OHL year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but Rick Nash is officially retiring per Rear Admiral of Barstool.

So little love around here. Over thousand games played in the NHL (and a big chunk as a Ranger), a couple of Olympic gold medals, a gold at WC, etc. Whatever some of you think of Rick's performance in the last few seasons this retirement announcement deserves a lot more fanfare.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So little love around here. Over thousand games played in the NHL (and a big chunk as a Ranger), a couple of Olympic gold medals, a gold at WC, etc. Whatever some of you think of Rick's performance in the last few seasons this retirement announcement deserves a lot more fanfare.

His agent disputed it so who knows what's going on.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

He was a good player. He's not a Hall of Famer to be.

My own take is it's concussion injuries over the years and that he's been playing careful for the last 2-3 years anyway. I also think he's clearheaded enough to know that more concussions could become an issue when he gets into his 40's, 50's and 60's---so if my assessment is correct he's just being smart. He's made a lot of money--he should be set for life--no good reason to be ruining his health.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He was a good player. He's not a Hall of Famer to be.

My own take is it's concussion injuries over the years and that he's been playing careful for the last 2-3 years anyway. I also think he's clearheaded enough to know that more concussions could become an issue when he gets into his 40's, 50's and 60's---so if my assessment is correct he's just being smart. He's made a lot of money--he should be set for life--no good reason to be ruining his health.

His goal scoring really took a nose dive after he sustained a concussion. His 40 goal season with the Rangers...was scoring like a madman, gets concussed, struggles when he comes back and struggles in the playoffs.

Was never the same after that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
His goal scoring really took a nose dive after he sustained a concussion. His 40 goal season with the Rangers...was scoring like a madman, gets concussed, struggles when he comes back and struggles in the playoffs.

Was never the same after that.

I think over the course of his career Nash had several but usually the more you have the worse they get (and especially when you have multiple concussions in a single year)--recovering from them gets harder and harder. Concussions IMO are going to become more and more an issue in years to come. Pittsburgh just lost their goalie for a while and he's a young guy and already has at least three. If he's out for a long time that could wreck their season or it might force them to make a trade that they won't like.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Learn to vote wisely.

43477910_327717484442449_6871814731477286912_n.png

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Did the players really not understand what escrow was when they signed up for the CBA or are they just using it as a tactic get popular support on their side?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Sharks are HUMILIATING the Flyers right now, on Gritty's home opener too. Hopefully the Sharks get it out of their system before our game on Thursday.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well not hockey news, but Category 4 Hurricane is about to hit Panama city beach - coast in about 10 hours so good tip is to leave. Because the terrain is so flat there with no hill tops to shelter from the winds like we have all over the coast almost in Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad