Around the NHL - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The fact Tavares even invited the Islanders to talk to him in LA is outrageous based on their plan. I've never seen a team sign so much shit in one offseason.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
on the one hand, its good that the Rangers arent going ham on the FA market with bad long deals.

On the other, it makes the offseason hella boring, and a sad reminder that mgmt is committed to being pretty shitty this year.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Oompa loompa Lou hard at work.

lou_oompa_loompa.jpg

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
For a big guy he has some potential....watch and see . A lot of people gave up on Adam McQuaid early on . Isles could have Noah Dobson /Walstrom on the club this season . At least they will have some protection when they play . His contract can be buried without effecting their cap if need be...so no big deal. Look at what Reaves just got . Lou got his man much cheaper .

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
For a big guy he has some potential....watch and see . A lot of people gave up on Adam McQuaid early on . Isles could have Noah Dobson /Walstrom on the club this season . At least they will have some protection when they play . His contract can be buried without effecting their cap if need be...so no big deal. Look at what Reaves just got . Lou got his man much cheaper .

Wahlstrom is going to College so that likely isn't an option.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

This might affect Karlsson to TBL

So if Tampa wants to extend Karlsson, they now have to deal with this.

This is what I've been saying. There's no way they can fit Karlsson at this point... They will now have $64M committed to 7 Forwards, 3 Defensemen (one on an ELC that will expire at the end of that season) and 2 goalies for the 2019-20 season. The Shortest of those contracts will be Callahan's $5.8M, one year until UFA. The rest of those contracts are at least 3 seasons in length include the 2019-20 season.

I have a feeling they have given up on Karlsson, hence why we see this extension.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I knew 100% all of last season JT was not going to sign with the Isles, the meltdown on their board is hysterical.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->