Around the NHL - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
man 18 years old and not even picked in top 20 this past draft and Lundestrom getting playing time with the Ducks.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
and troy terry scores in NHL shootout debut....In other news water is wet.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Mittlestadt has struggled so far this season. He didn’t look good for the Sabres at their prospect tournament. He struggled in camp. I read an article in the Buffalo News and they mentioned him being a work in progress. He was quiet in the Rangers game. I saw their game against Vegas yesterday and he was again quiet.

He was great last season. Not so much yet this season.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Mittlestadt has struggled so far this season. He didn’t look good for the Sabres at their prospect tournament. He struggled in camp. I read an article in the Buffalo News and they mentioned him being a work in progress. He was quiet in the Rangers game. I saw their game against Vegas yesterday and he was again quiet.

He was great last season. Not so much yet this season.

ANDERSSON IS BETTER PART II

giphy.gif

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Mittelstadt hasn't lit the world on fire.

Andersson is in the AHL.

Glass is in the WHL.

Vilardi is on the sidelines again.

The one thing they all have in common?

Time.

As in they need more of it.
Vilardi also might need a new body.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Mittelstadt hasn't lit the world on fire.

Andersson is in the AHL.

Glass is in the WHL.

Vilardi is on the sidelines again.

The one thing they all have in common?

Time.

As in they need more of it.

None of them are ready at the moment. Chytil is currently 4th in GP and 4th in points in players drafted in 2017. Only 5 have played 10 games or more. I think a lot of people are forgetting that when they criticize Andersson for being in the AHL or point out that Mittelstadt is disappointing. However, I do know that some people are just pointing it out as a response to the other player being criticized.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Vilardi also might need a new body.

I like Vilardi, but the kids who miss significant time with injuries this young usually end up missing significant time down the road.

Sometimes it takes a few years, and lulls people into a belief that it's in the past, but it usually rears its ugly head sooner rather than later.

It's not always the case, but it happens a lot.

Reactions: Fvital92

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
None of them are ready at the moment. Chytil is currently 4th in GP and 4th in points in players drafted in 2017. Only 5 have played 10 games or more. I think a lot of people are forgetting that when they criticize Andersson for being in the AHL or point out that Mittelstadt is disappointing. However, I do know that some people are just pointing it out as a response to the other player being criticized.

Anyway, can we just stick to Lias in this thread?

I think a lot of people want to rush the process in general these days.

The fervor of the league being younger has produced what I would consider to be an overreaction to kids needing actual time to develop.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Didn't Healy have a long discussion about goalie equipment a few years back and talk about masks not offering nearly as much protection as one would think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad