OT: Around the NHL: non-Pens playoff talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Dillon's defending in OT was JJ-esque. The Caps are in big trouble is Eller is out longer term unless Kuznetsov regains his 2018 form. Overall, it's fun watching all the drama and not caring much which team wins.

Reactions: Ignatius and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm not sure which is more surprising: Blashill getting an extension from the Wings or Granato being a "primary candidate" for the Sabres.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure which is more surprising: Blashill getting an extension from the Wings or Granato being a "primary candidate" for the Sabres.

Blashill, AINEC.

Granato actually did a damn fine job with the hand he was dealt and had the Sabres busting their asses at the end of the season. They weren't 'great', but it was like night and day from Kruger. Whether or not he gets the job-- and I'm inclined to think he won't-- he certainly earned the courtesy of being one among what one presumes will be several primary candidates.

Reactions: BHD

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

They didn't renew Bylsma, though.

On one hand, further proof we were right about Bylsma when we said he should be canned and folks told us we were being "spoiled" because he coached us to a Cup in 2009. On the other hand, it's kind of depressing a bad coach like him can make multi-millions in the NHL based off of reputation due to one Cup.

Reactions: ncm7772 and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Blashill, AINEC.

Granato actually did a damn fine job with the hand he was dealt and had the Sabres busting their asses at the end of the season. They weren't 'great', but it was like night and day from Kruger. Whether or not he gets the job-- and I'm inclined to think he won't-- he certainly earned the courtesy of being one among what one presumes will be several primary candidates.

No way was my comment an indictment of Granato. However, it would be totally Buffalo to not even consider other candidates.

On the topic of coaches, someone on Twitter (forget the name, but they gave the impression of having sources) mentioned Gallant and Seattle.

Driedger starting over Bob tonight for Florida

Does it really matter who starts? The only way the Panthers beat the Lightning is by being the aggressor, and that means allowing scoring chances against. Whoever plays (Bob, Driedger, or Knight) is going to have to be '06 Ward or '16 Murray.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The “renascence” of Fleury is something else. I don’t think anyone saw it coming. I know he had a bad season last year and rightfully so. I don’t know if he would have continued to bloom if JR didn’t dump him, but I guess good for him. The media sure does love him. Even though he was one of my favorite Pens, I can’t cheer him on because I despise the team he plays for. :)

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Colorado showing how it's done. Doesn't matter if they hang on and keep it tied, just keep pushing. Makar is so freaking good and that top line is unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad