OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
How did they leave Murray in that entire game? I mean come on.. Definitely not helping his confidence there. If he even has any confidence left..

What a fall from grace--I feel bad for him.. and for me.. I have 2 signed SCF pucks signed from Murray from his back to back wins as a rookie.. they're probably worthless now :laugh:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
In my humble opinion, the Sens weren't realistic when they traded for him. They weren't getting Martin Brodeur, and they're not even close to being the New Jersey Devils. Now, he is having a terrible season. There's no sugar coating his play. However, he's playing behind a really bad team. So he could be having an 'OK' season (say a .910 sv%), and he'd still be fishing pucks out of his net. Any goalie would be hard pressed to get the job done when the likes of Zaitsev, Gudbranson, and Coburn are defending the crease.

The Oilers make more sense for a goalie like Murray, but... apparently everyone except Jujhar Khaira and Adam Larsson are off the table.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How did they leave Murray in that entire game? I mean come on.. Definitely not helping his confidence there. If he even has any confidence left..

What a fall from grace--I feel bad for him.. and for me.. I have 2 signed SCF pucks signed from Murray from his back to back wins as a rookie.. they're probably worthless now :laugh:

He's a trivia answer at a bar night at some future date

Reactions: BHD

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Look at you go, Wangs.

Stars...are y'all okay?
Screenshot_20210311-202704_NHL.jpg

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
They're not making the playoffs (7 points back of the Hawks with the same number of games played) and his contract is done after the season.

Oh I agree with you completely, they`re definitely not making it also with Dallas a couple of pts behind with 6 games in hand on them.
But if they want to even remotely try and keep Laine long term, they need to fire that clown of a coach.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seriously, has disaster written all over in the long run!!

He's been up and down since winning the Cup. Even during that run, he had some bad games. However, his side knew the situation heading into talks. He would have been a UFA after the season, and the Blues don't a goalie ready to succeed him. So, you can see how he got that contract.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I sincerely don't know how you give Binnington that contract with Murray doing what he's doing on a catastrophic contract worth the same amount for 2 fewer years...with more success, talent, potential, and results.

I mean...even if Murray were playing out of his mind and making Ottawa somewhat competitive I still wouldn't get it because Jordan Binnington hasn't shown a sustained high level of play since the Cup. His numbers post-Cup are nothing more than fine. He's certainly capable of winning a game on any given night, but so is nearly every goalie good enough to play in the NHL in 2021.

Binnington's stats are barely better than Jarry's right now and we all know how miserable Jarry was at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad