OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's weird that teams won't fire assholes like Sully and Torts. Fire both, let them both reuinite somewhere and f*** off into the sunset together and give each other stick-to-itiveness affirmations.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I suspect they were afraid of seeing Binnington find his game on another team while their goaltenders falter. That would be a bad look.
Seeing Jake Allen do better with the Habs is probably giving them pause, but to hitch your wagon to that :eek::eek::eek::eek: for another 6yrs, is just so bad.

Not only that, they wasted cap space that they'll need to keep Dunn, Schwartz, Thomas, Kyrou, and maintain depth. As well as Parayko is a UFA after next year and they lost Pietrangelo and need to keep someone like him.

The kicker is they could probably get the same performance out of Allen and have a lesser cap hit, but they kept the racist piece of shit because of a cup win and what he could possibly do again...ha.

Hahaha.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seeing Jake Allen do better with the Habs is probably giving them pause, but to hitch your wagon to that :eek::eek::eek::eek: for another 6yrs, is just so bad.

Not only that, they wasted cap space that they'll need to keep Dunn, Schwartz, Thomas, Kyrou, and maintain depth. As well as Parayko is a UFA after next year and they lost Pietrangelo and need to keep someone like him.

The kicker is they could probably get the same performance out of Allen and have a lesser cap hit, but they kept the racist piece of shit because of a cup win and what he could possibly do again...ha.

Hahaha.

IMO, they must have felt they had to give it to him. Otherwise, he could have hit the open market and gotten whatever contract he was seeking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
IMO, they must have felt they had to give it to him. Otherwise, he could have hit the open market and gotten whatever contract he was seeking.
I still think it's a bad move, especially with that goalie, they could have made so many other moves, they could have moved him. I would have dumped him to the Rangers or Jackets for one of their younger goalies and then signed a veteran this summer to back him up instead of Husso (who hasn't done too poorly even if his GAA and SV% are not great).

Binnington got hot at the right time and then hasn't been able to repeat any of that magic since, he's also a rubbish human being. But we know all too well with hitching your wagon to a goalie based on past success, the lesson is to let Ottawa make those mistakes, not us. Now they have him with a full NTC for the first 3 years and then a modified list after that. So they still have time to make those moves and dump him.

Jackets, I would have gone after Elvis, then Jackets could just flip Binnington to the Oilers for Koskinen+ or workout a 3-way deal.

Jackets - Schwartz + Koskinen + Benson + Oilers 2nd in 2022.
Blues - Merzilikins + Domi
Oilers - Binnington

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Really blows Flyers are in-division. We likely could have landed Ghost easily who IMO is a better version of Matheson.

He could use a fresh start, especially on a team where defensemen play a bigger role.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
FYI, Ghost is 27 years old, he'll be 28 in April. Dude is who we thought he is...something along those lines. I just don't see it.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
FYI, Ghost is 27 years old, he'll be 28 in April. Dude is who we thought he is...something along those lines. I just don't see it.

He’s an offensive presence who’s been good this year from what I’ve seen?

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I feel like the only non pens games I see on are other Mass Mutual games and I'm tired of seeing those 8 teams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fair enough. I'm trying to put myself in Doug Armstrong's shoes. You're right, though, some of those contracts (cough, Faulk, cough) are brutal.
It's just more of losing the depth and help he'll need in front of him, just to keep an overrated goalie. I think they could have picked up a goalie wth more promise and been able to keep most of those players as well.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Screenshot_20210312-192329_NHL.jpg

pigeon_popcorn (1).gif

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
When was the last time a teams success was so determined by their schedule like Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad