Around the NHL: HOCKEY’S BACK BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Yeah imagine if Byram was on the Av's they might win a cup or something. Makes 0 sense to compare a player going from a Garbage org to one of the top orgs and vice versa.
I am not comparing anyone. I was not a fan of trading a two way player in a position of need opening a hole there for a player we had a surplus of. Mitts didn’t transform going to the Avs. He is playing the same way he did here. The Sabres need more of that. Byram is a great talent but did not address a need for this organization. It was a punt move to not have to make a more difficult decision on the roster within the fwd group.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I am not comparing anyone. I was not a fan of trading a two way player in a position of need opening a hole there for a player we had a surplus of. Mitts didn’t transform going to the Avs. He is playing the same way he did here. The Sabres need more of that. Byram is a great talent but did not address a need for this organization. It was a punt move to not have to make a more difficult decision on the roster within the fwd group.
We were clearly missing a top 4d. I don't believe Adam's is smart enough to think that far ahead, if he was Granato would've been fired.

Reactions: Fearnot

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
We were clearly missing a top 4d. I don't believe Adam's is smart enough to think that far ahead, if he was Granato would've been fired.
Sure a top-4 D-men...not a LHD puck-mover that's young, inexperienced, not physical and not really good defensively.

Adams didn't want to or is not allowed to spend over a certain amount. There was zero cap reasons to avoid paying Mittelstadt 6.5-7M on a long-term deal. "That far ahead" was this summer, and now he saves 3 mil that I can't/won't believe for one second that he's going to spend on another part of the roster.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Or we are building an elite young puck moving defense and we also have a surplus of excellent forward prospects. And I wasn't happy with the Mitts trade at first.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Sure a top-4 D-men...not a LHD puck-mover that's young, inexperienced, not physical and not really good defensively.

Adams didn't want to or is not allowed to spend over a certain amount. There was zero cap reasons to avoid paying Mittelstadt 6.5-7M on a long-term deal. "That far ahead" was this summer, and now he saves 3 mil that I can't/won't believe for one second that he's going to spend on another part of the roster.
How many 3C on teams are making a cap % equiv to 6.5-7m

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Doesn't matter. That's a whole other debate about other issues. I don't feel like debating that anymore. I've spewed my thoughts in several threads here. Bottom line is that if any of the Cs was going to be traded, for any legit or stupid reason, it shouldn't have been Mittelstadt.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Vegas has Karlsson at 7.24% of cap when signed as their 3C because they have the economy of Stephenson's great deal as their 2C, even if he's been below average this year.

The Islanders have 6.14% of cap when signed as their 3C in JG Pageau.

The Oilers had RNH on his own line for a time, but now has him on LW with McDavid and he was 6.29% of cap when signed.

With next year's cap figure 6.25% would be around 5.5M AAV.

There are some out there.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Vegas has Karlsson at 7.24% of cap when signed as their 3C because they have the economy of Stephenson's great deal as their 2C, even if he's been below average this year.

The Islanders have 6.14% of cap when signed as their 3C in JG Pageau.

The Oilers had RNH on his own line for a time, but now has him on LW with McDavid and he was 6.29% of cap when signed.

With next year's cap figure 6.25% would be around 5.5M AAV.

There are some out there.
6.5-7M would be in the area of an 8% cap hit

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Doesn't matter. That's a whole other debate about other issues. I don't feel like debating that anymore. I've spewed my thoughts in several threads here. Bottom line is that if any of the Cs was going to be traded, for any legit or stupid reason, it shouldn't have been Mittelstadt.
yeah let's trade the guys we have signed long term.......great message to send to the team.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Bryam is like Montour a clearly skilled player who's not normally available. I hope he's not like Montour in that it didn't work out in Buffalo but he's great elsewhere.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Penguins doing something dirty -

That might be the most someone has had their back completely turned to the player I’ve ever seen. He had forever to not hit him…and he seemingly skates stride for stride to keep his number lined up

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The funniest thing about Bobby Ryan”s hot take is that he dropped it right as the ratings for an elite 8 women’s game came out and made him look even dumber. He should really think about how popular his sport is not to regular people

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad