Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know one thing - Maroon will inspire no fear in the Panthers at all. None. Too old and slow to catch anyone with a big hit unless they're being seriously inattentive, and his fighting skills are poor and should scare nobody. By all means keep him out there, because he has a role, but the Bruins' push back on Florida's physicality and general goonery is going to have to involve the whole team. It's an attitude thing and a mindset, from top to bottom. That's what it takes.
They waited until after he was gone to do their bullshit I’ll tell you that much

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thursday, May 9 (Bedford, MA)
- Travel to Boston

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and forward James van Riemsdyk available to media at approximately 2:30 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730).

Reactions: Alicat

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They waited until after he was gone to do their bullshit I’ll tell you that much

I'd argue things started much earlier than that. And while they did ratchet up after he was gone, I suspect that had more to do with the scoreboard than with Maroon's absence.

We'll see why happens from here. But ask yourself the core question - why should the Panthers be afraid of this guy? On what grounds?

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Maroon’s tough guy image is fine but where is the guy who could make plays and provide a little bit of offense. His skating is glacial and his line is hemmed in the zone constantly.
Maroon looks like he might be still feeling the effects from his back surgery

At his age, I'm unfortunately not expecting much more from him

..but one can still hope for more

Reactions: Gordoff

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Just the fact that Pasta wanted to fight Tkachuk tells you all you need to know about how players view that fake tough guy

Having said that, his role is to get into heads and produce. He's incredibly good at that. I just wish the refs didn't protect him so much. Marchy does not get the same benefit

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Keep turning wrenches. Anything good?
Bartered some work on my bathroom in exchange for some work on my neighbors pickup truck.

Essentially, my nine year old son needs to learn how to piss in the toilet as opposed to on or around it.

I ended up having neighbor pull the toilet so I could clean the nasty mess behind and beside it, then repaint the walls. Will reset toilet tomorrow as I just finished second coat of paint.

So, to answer your question- no nothing good

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm happy with the split, but would feel better if the score was 3-1 with an ENG.

After how this played out, the psychological edge goes to the Panthers. In many ways it was a repeat of Game Two last year.

Swayman may have been in the Leafs' heads; but even the the goals weren't all his fault, Florida now knows they can get to him.

Game Three is pivotal. Whether it's the case or not, at least it appears the Panthers were not themselves the first four periods of the series, after a week off.

I don't want the Bruins to cower to Florida, but all the shenanigans play into their hands; especially with the PP not producing.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Thursday, May 9 (Bedford, MA)
- Travel to Boston

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and forward James van Riemsdyk available to media at approximately 2:30 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730).
I'm guessing they'll be wheels up around 10:30 or 11am from Ft Lauderdale to make that 2:30pm time.

The Panthers plane is already scheduled to land at about 5pm at Logan.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am writing off tonight as simply the Bruins ran out of gas.

One backstage issue has been an issue for the Bruins and that is their longtime charter flight operator collapsed without warning a month ago.

The Bruins are now using a company based in Anchorage for the short-term and the players are not thrilled as seating is not as comfortable but the team is not at fault here.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A girl can hope! I want a full out Dallas vibe.

Get it over with. Set the tone early. After that. Play our game. Take no shit, but play our game.
@dafoomie might have the clip but there was a game in the 80s where the Habs and Bruins went at it before the game started and Marv Albert was on Letterman the next night showing it.

Reactions: BMC

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I am writing off tonight as simply the Bruins ran out of gas.

One backstage issue has been an issue for the Bruins and that is their longtime charter flight operator collapsed without warning a month ago.

The Bruins are now using a company based in Anchorage for the short-term and the players are not thrilled as seating is not as comfortable but the team is not at fault here.
Wow, I didn't hear that about iaero thanks for posting that. They were called Swift Air a few years ago if I remember right. I wonder if they'll just switch to Delta or Air Canada for next season, it seems that many teams are using one or the other.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@dafoomie might have the clip but there was a game in the 80s where the Habs and Bruins went at it before the game started and Marv Albert was on Letterman the next night showing it.

This isn't at the start of the game, but it's definitely an all-in brawl from the 80s. Is it what you were thinking of? Pretty feisty either way!

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad