OT: Around the NHL: Give Me Olympic Hockey or Give Me Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
As impressive as Matthews as been, Anderson has been just as bad. These are soft goals.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
As impressive as Matthews as been, Anderson has been just as bad. These are soft goals.

Andersen looks horrendous. So does the Ottawa D, that is going to be one bad team. Awesome start for Matthews, though. Good for him, get him on Team USA as soon as possible.

I eagerly await the influx of threads in the main forum comparing him to all-time greats after one game. :laugh:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Holy hell you guys are a tough crowd.

One game for a coach...

he sucks.

4 goals.....not impressive the goalie sucks.

Damn.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
4 goals already? WTF :laugh: is there a glitch on the new NHL 2016-2017 season that still isn't fixed?

EDIT: Just watched the goals, looks like the glitch is the Senators, they need to fix that ASAP.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

One game for a coach, he sucks.

4 goals, not impressive the goalie sucks.

Damn.

His second was a joke on Karlsson's part, but yeah, 4 goals is 4 goals. First in history to do it in his first NHL game.

And he acts like it ain't no thing.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

One game for a coach...

he sucks.

4 goals.....not impressive the goalie sucks.

Damn.

Oh, four goals is super impressive! It's still true that both goalies have sucked out loud, though. They're both currently sitting at .857%.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Matthews is gonna bag 5 tonight.

I was so wrong. His first game for a new, rebuilding-ish team really tells me he should be taken to a firing squad :shakehead

There might also be a good reason he couldn't get a job in the NHL for a few years after the Lightning fired him.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Andersen looks horrendous. So does the Ottawa D, that is going to be one bad team. Awesome start for Matthews, though. Good for him, get him on Team USA as soon as possible.

I eagerly await the influx of threads in the main forum comparing him to all-time greats after one game. :laugh:

Hmmm. Maybe Matthews breaks Andersen and they need the mental rock we call Flower. Then Matthews will be a god.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
In other news, the Hawks still can't score at ES outside of Kane.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
okay that's pretty amazing....looks like Edmonton picked a bad year not to have a #1.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So if the Capitals beat the Leafs, will they raise a banner that says "We beat the team with the rookie that scored 4 goals in his first game!"

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So if the Capitals beat the Leafs, will they raise a banner that says "We beat the team with the rookie that scored 4 goals in his first game!"

Probably. The Caps are the same type of losers the Indianapolis Colts are.

The Leafs have an exciting young team. Their fans can start being excited. Shanny and co have done a good job assembling talent. They will need a vet or two to keep the kids' heads leveled though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Probably. The Caps are the same type of losers the Indianapolis Colts are.

The Leafs have an exciting young team. Their fans can start being excited. Shanny and co have done a good job assembling talent. They will need a vet or two to keep the kids' heads leveled though.

Their defense is still mostly trash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad