Around the NHL: Free Agent Frenzy begins July 1 at noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
How many has he had ?
At least two concussions in 2015 per this blog post:
Rick Curran, who represents Ehrhoff, was adamant that there were no hard feelings between his client and the club, no frustration at the way Ehroff’s two concussions down the stretch were handled.

“They were actually extremely cautious to ensure that even if he wanted to play – which he did that during that timeframe – he not play unless he was 100 percent,†Curran said. He wanted to play. That’s why he came there. They were extremely cautious, as you would hope.â€

Ehrhoff suffered his first concussion Jan. 28 at Washington, then returned in D.C. on Feb. 25. He played just that one game before symptoms returned and didn’t play again until March 14.

A March 24 game against St. Louis and a hit along the boards put Ehrhoff out for good, and he never returned.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I see the Flyers signed Provorov to his ELC. I was a real big fan of his as early as leading up to the WJC. 2nd best D behind Hanifin all year. Anyone think he makes the jump to the NHL? I think he'll get his 9 games at least.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I have all sorts of respect for the blackhawks and their turnaround. I love chicago and would move back there in a heart beat

But my god has Chicago's success gone straight to this writer's head:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ks-trade-saad-rosenbloom-20150701-column.html

No idea when this guy started covering Chicago sports, but I really doubt Columbus was chosen as a punishment. Less than a decade removed from playing front of empty barns the writer thinks Chicago is so special players will bow down and take paycuts. Kane and Toews certainly didn't.

Rosenbloom has been covering Chicago sports for a long time, he's just not particularly knowledgeable about hockey, much like most sports writers in Chicago. I like the Hawks, but listening to uninformed "hockey fans" that only started paying attention when they started winning, preach about how great Chicago is and disparage other cities is unbearable. I think part of is that many Chicagoans have an inferiority complex when compared to NYC, LA, & Boston and thus take any opportunity to disparage other cities... the whole "he should take a patch to stay" narrative has been widespread in Chicago. Unlike the Sabres, the Blackhawks get unanimously favorable coverage, particularly from the Trib. What I found funny was that they didn't repay any of the writers by giving them any heads up about the Saad thing and it was first reported by not a Chicago guy. Particularly when the local media turned a blind eye to a number of off ice issues throughout this season... The Sabres need to hire whoever is running the Blackhawks media because nobody locally seems to dare say anything negative about the organization.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-martin-pittsburgh-penguins-letter/

At the start of last season, one of the guys put on this clip from the movie Semi-Pro in the locker room. If you’ve never seen the movie, Will Ferrell plays a washed up ’70s ABA basketball player named Jackie Moon, and he ends up boxing a grizzly bear as part of the post-game entertainment. Long story short, before Jackie gets in the ring with the Dewey the Bear, the animal trainer tells him that if he’s in any real danger, just yell out “Spumoni.†That’s his safe word.

So he gets in the ring and Dewey is just confused at first. Then Jackie karate chops him in the neck and the bear jumps up and starts attacking. Jackie’s yelling out “Spumoni! Spumoni! Not my hair! The only thing I care about is my hair!â€

Flash forward to a game a few weeks later. I get caught out on a long shift with Rob Scuderi, and we are getting peppered. We just couldn’t get the puck out of our end or even get a whistle, and Marc-Andre Fleury is standing on his head making save after save. Flower is hooting and hollering after every shot like he usually does. And I mean we just can’t get the puck out. We’re so gassed. Finally, another shot comes in from the point and Scuderi yells out, “Spumoni! Spumoni!â€

I’m in the corner just dying. We eventually get a whistle and I’m practically doubled over laughing, trying to hide it as I’m skating to the bench. If Scuds would’ve finished the scene with, “If you have a small child, use it as a shield!†they probably would’ve had to stretcher me off the ice.

:laugh:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Especially with a guy like Taylor Hall potentially on his wing. McDavid's going to be top 10 in the league in scoring if he stays healthy.

Depends. If Eichel plays with Kane, they'll put up points. McDavid will still probably outproduce Jack this year, though.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Based on everything. It's not like we just learned this kid's name last night.

The poster in question is responding after a 5 goal prospects game performance.

When these kids are playing NHL teams trying to stop them and pound on them. Then we'll start to get a feel for what each of them can do.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Pretty much the same deal we just gave ROR. Could be a real steal in a few years.

Its technically more expensive since its buying up RFA and UFA years. I think its 4 of each (half and half). Every year of ROR's deal is buying up UFA years.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As one astute poster on the trade board pointed out, he's hardly worth 7 Kucherov's. :laugh:

#RORdealAnalysis

Pretty much the same deal we just gave ROR. Could be a real steal in a few years.

The same cap hit. We bought seven (7) UFA years and zero (0) RFA years. St. Louis bought four (4) RFA years, and four (4) UFA years.

That's a material difference.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
ROR: 24 years old, .72 ppg over the last three years, Lady Bing, excellent defensively

Tarasenko: 23 years old, .75 ppg over the last three years, no hardware, great goal scorer (for one season anyways)

ROR at 7.5 for 7 ufa years? way too much, we will regret it

Tarasenko at 7.5 for 4 RFA and 4 ufa years? Biggest bargain in league history

To clarify I am not saying I wouldn't want Tarasenko, it's just ridiculous how ROR deal is seen by comparison.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
ROR: 24 years old, .72 ppg over the last three years, Lady Bing, excellent defensively

Tarasenko: 23 years old, .75 ppg over the last three years, no hardware, great goal scorer (for one season anyways)

ROR at 7.5 for 7 ufa years? way too much, we will regret it

Tarasenko at 7.5 for 4 RFA and 4 ufa years? Biggest bargain in league history

To clarify I am not saying I wouldn't want Tarasenko, it's just ridiculous how ROR deal is seen by comparison.

Figuring out RFA vs UFA is too complicated for most on this board. Most casual fans also just look at points and not the player. Tarasenko is a great player but he is getting paid quite well since he isn't even UFA. I hope Sabres do this for Ristolainen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad