Around the NHL: Free Agent Frenzy begins July 1 at noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
There's some big egos in that room who think going against common sense and still win. First the Seguin trade, now Hamilton. That's a solid core to build around, not pieces to jettison.

Hey, at least Marc Savard is still in the mix.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Today is the perfect day to have a nonchalant day at work. I can't wait until noon!

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I thought I heard McQuaid re-signed already.

He was....after Hamilton was traded.

I think this really gets to the core of the issue. It may not be that Hamilton wasn't talented enough, it may be that given Neely's preoccupation with a tough team, he'd rather spend that money somewhere else. I know this doesn't line up with trading Lucic, however, Lucic was too worn out to play that game consistently.

Also, Hamilton signed for what the Bruin's reportedly offered him, so maybe he also wanted out of bean town.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm gonna kill myself today. Was at work from 10pm lastnight till 8am ... not going to bed so I can partake in Free Agent Frenzy ... have to go back into work at 10 pm tonight... I'll be dragging ass tonight so I can watch us sign Hunwick... ha.

Oh well.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I can't imagine how an NHL player would develop a prescription drug habit

How would he even get high quantities of painkillers

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I can't imagine how an NHL player would develop a prescription drug habit

How would he even get high quantities of painkillers

Really? That population is at huge risk. They are the likeliest to have chronic pain and given something like oxy to manage it.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. NHL teams throw bottles of pills at players, but until this point I don't recall a team cutting ties after the foreseeable result

Again, really ****ing slimy

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Question: if the NHLPA fight the Richards termination and win, would the Kings even be able to buy him out? The buyout period is over. So wouldn't it revert to his contract being in effect for next year (and the Kings in major cap trouble)?

Hey, at least Marc Savard is still in the mix.

Nope. Time for the Boston exit character assassination.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Question: if the NHLPA fight the Richards termination and win, would the Kings even be able to buy him out? The buyout period is over. So wouldn't it revert to his contract being in effect for next year (and the Kings in major cap trouble)?

Nope. Time for the Boston exit character assassination.

To be fair, the guy hasn't shown up for a game in years.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
So Kings terminate Richards for ???

Voynov was charged and didn't get terminated. Sweeny in Boston, Benning in Vancouver....Toronto...Kessel deal.

Man, this offseason. I am running out of popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad