OT: Around the NHL: Free Agency then it's vacation time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Reaves did not return a 1st. What the **** is wrong with people that they can't grasp that we moved down 20 spots in meh draft.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm gonna say having Jake all year adds more wins than losing Bones takes away in terms of regular season.

If we're playing Rowney at 3C for a few months, I dunno.

I really do not want to go into the deadline with a need at 3C. JR's been money for us so I'd hope he picks up somebody to fill that hole before long.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reaves did not return a 1st. What the **** is wrong with people that they can't grasp that we moved down 20 spots in meh draft.

Yeah, I noticed that error.

And teams are not yet set. Pens have a lot if cap space which will be used, and that doesn't even count potentially having Sprong come up.

Still I shared tge article with a grain of salt.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah, I noticed that error.

And teams are not yet set. Pens have a lot if cap space which will be used, and that doesn't even count potentially having Sprong come up.

Still I shared tge article with a grain of salt.

Letang more than makes up for any turnover on defense.

Wing situation's never been better.

We have a stud goalie, an NHL caliber backup and a potential starter in the minors.

Replacing Bonino won't be that difficult. I'd like to see an upgrade though and get back to three scoring lines with a healthy Letang.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
So now there are advanced stats to quantify offseason winners when teams don't even have complete rosters yet. Brilliant.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why do so many non-Caps fans love making excuses for the Capitals playoff failures in the Ovechkin era?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Gotta do something to keep busy during the summer I guess.

I tried to do some roller hockey after not being on inline for like 10 years and only have some ice hockey in the meantime...

...holy **** I cant skate for crap on inline anymore...i hate the 'edges' that dont work like ice skates.

So..crazy stat analysis it is!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why do so many non-Caps fans love making excuses for the Capitals playoff failures in the Ovechkin era?

The fans of other teams hate the Pens. And therefore feign support for anyone that is our 'rival.'

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You just know the same people will call the Penguins chokers if they don't win a third Cup in a row.

No, they'll say the most recent one was a "fluke", as if the Pens are the first team to be the beneficiaries of luck on their way to a Cup.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pens will have the first ever paid off dynasty in NHL history!!! if we win a cup next playoffs. Then Pens will fall off the face of the Earth and Crosby and co will demand a trade to Washington to make them a paid off dynasty.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
AAV is pretty fair, but I don't like the contract overall.

He isn't that young (27 in a few weeks), he's somewhat injury prone (and I don't expect him to age well in that regard) and he's only had one season out of four that represents clear surplus value on a contract like that.

I'm not sure what Tampa's cap situation is like, but I would never ever give him that term. I'd rather pay him a bit more and cap the contract at 4 or 5 years.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
AAV is pretty fair, but I don't like the contract overall.

He isn't that young (27 in a few weeks), he's somewhat injury prone (and I don't expect him to age well in that regard) and he's only had one season out of four that represents clear surplus value on a contract like that.

I'm not sure what Tampa's cap situation is like, but I would never ever give him that term. I'd rather pay him a bit more and cap the contract at 4 or 5 years.

They were in a tough spot but after moving Druoin and Garrison they actually had some space to mess around with now even after the Kunitz and Girardi contracts. That term definitely is longer than you would want for TJ but it's a reasonable cap hit. I don't think it's as good as a lot of the initial reactions I saw, but not horrible either.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Leafs & Habs are in on Vanek.

Leafs - Likely to replace JVR when they move him.
Habs - They need offense, I'm surprised they haven't offered Jagr a contract either so Habs fans can profess him a long time Habs legend after 1yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad