OT: Around the NHL: Free Agency then it's vacation time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yeah it's going to be a fun remainder of June.

Time to savor the big win, get some schwag and then focus on the new guys that will be brought in this summer.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Rough translation: Preds may leave Neal exposed in the Expansion Draft. :laugh:

Madden said he and Subban have been getting into periodic fist fights in practice. Figures, since those two deserve each other.

Given what they gave up to get PK, if they have to choose between the two, it ain't gonna be Neal. Still, seems odd that they wouldn't be able to swing some type of trade so they don't lose him for nothing.

Then again, maybe they know something else that we don't. The characteristic pop on his shot was not in evidence in this series. He practically split the crossbar in half on a shot when we played them last year. There was nothing with that type of heat coming off his stick in the last six games.

If his shot's compromised by a shoulder or something, he's basically just a guy who gets open and is an absolute moron, otherwise.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Expose Neal? I don't believe it. Obviously the Preds will go 4+4 in the ED, but Neal has a lot of trade value before expose him for nothing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Expose Neal? I don't believe it. Obviously the Preds will go 4+4 in the ED, but Neal has a lot of trade value before expose him for nothing.

Probably, but remember, if they trade Neal then they lose someone else. The return in a Neal trade probably has to help you more next year than whoever else you would lose.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Wow Pens have to ask MAF to waive his NMC today by 5pm. That's crazy. What a roller coaster of emotions for MAF.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wow Pens have to ask MAF to waive his NMC today by 5pm. That's crazy. What a roller coaster of emotions for MAF.

I would be shocked if he hasnt already officially agreed to waive. I feel confident believing this was agreed upon before the trade deadline.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'd be very surprised if he didn't already agree to waive and have a very good idea of where he's going.

Weren't there reports of his wife looking at houses and schools in Vegas and/or Calgary within the past month?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'd be very surprised if he didn't already agree to waive and have a very good idea of where he's going.

Weren't there reports of his wife looking at houses and schools in Vegas and/or Calgary within the past month?

Was Vegas. She definitely hasnt been in Calgary, would have been all over the media here if she had.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Why today? The expansion list has to be submitted by Saturday 17 at 5pm.

Edit: NVM, found the TSN link.

Last edited:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

There was some mention that the Cup Finalists have 48 extra hours to do so. I think it was Friedman or LeBrun that mentioned it last week.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
There was some mention that the Cup Finalists have 48 extra hours to do so. I think it was Friedman or LeBrun that mentioned it last week.

Oh interesting. Thanks for sharing. The TSN article I linked in another thread didn't mention that but it makes sense.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Oh interesting. Thanks for sharing. The TSN article I linked in another thread didn't mention that but it makes sense.

Well here's something I managed to find with quick search to back that up:

June 12: Teams that are due to submit a protected list, excluding those preoccupied with a (potential) Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, have until this point to request players with no-movement protection to waive that immunity. The Penguins and Predators will be extended until 5 p.m. ET the day after the Cup is raised, meaning a Marc-Andre Fleury sit-down could occur up to three days after, say, Kevin Bieksa is called into Bob Murray’s office.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-updates-expansion-draft-action-plan-critical-dates-165130036.html

The day after raising the Cup is today but that also speaks of Game 6. So bit unclearly stated but I assume that to mean Penguins have until 5PM tomorrow (June 13th)? So extra 24 hours then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad