OT: Around the NHL: Free agency is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Prett low intensity hit. But dare I say a blindsided one? I wouldn't want any player on the Pens doing that shit, let alone the Captain. Sets a shit example for everyone
He's always had questionable hits (charging/leaving his feet) but the refs/league never addressed it. Don't expect him to change now.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah he'll be back shortly. He's always been incredibly lucky.
He only needs to be wheeled into his regular PP spot in order to nab 20 goals a season...
Knee's are rough... could be a stinger, could be serious...
Lucky? I guess it's not his leg he pivots his weight on so...?

I still hate him, but at this point now I just want to see where he lands with overall goals before he retires.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Fleury looks pretty sharp against the wild tonight. If he's motivated and remains healthy chicago makes the playoffs.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Lightning signed him? :huh:

Love some of the Avs pieces, they have zero depth though. After that top line its pretty meh.

The Bolts' bottom six isn't that much better. Perhaps you're right. However, Tampa's real advantage is in net. No disrespect to Kuemper, but he isn't as good as Vasilevsky.

Reactions: Andy99

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Bolts' bottom six isn't that much better. Perhaps you're right. However, Tampa's real advantage is in net. No disrespect to Kuemper, but he isn't as good as Vasilevsky.
Definitely agree with you on goal. Defense they are pretty similar too. Its that middle 6 in Colorado that I have questions about. They got horribly exposed last playoffs. You can expect Kadri to do something stupid and get suspended, after him its pretty average depth at best.

Reactions: BHD

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd love to see Tampa and Colorado go at it to see who's best. Neither has outstanding depth but I'd bet on both to uncover some gems there throughout the season. They've both also got a ton of defensive support for them.

That said... I think I'd bet on the superlines like Colorado's during the season, but come the post-season, you need another line to join, and I think Tampa are ahead of the game there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd love to see Tampa and Colorado go at it to see who's best. Neither has outstanding depth but I'd bet on both to uncover some gems there throughout the season. They've both also got a ton of defensive support for them.

That said... I think I'd bet on the superlines like Colorado's during the season, but come the post-season, you need another line to join, and I think Tampa are ahead of the game there.

I’m not in love with either’s roster this year, but Tampa can run Point, Stamkos, Cirelli, Bellemade down the gut versus whatever after MacK and Kadri so I agree.

I probably take the Avs D even with JMFJ over Tampa’s.

Reactions: BHD

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’m not in love with either’s roster this year, but Tampa can run Point, Stamkos, Cirelli, Bellemade down the gut versus whatever after MacK and Kadri so I agree.

I probably take the Avs D even with JMFJ over Tampa’s.

Avs D is better regular season, but in the post-season, with a few calls going uncalled, and top rate forechecks going all out, and more high quality net front pests? I think Tampa's D being that bit bigger and older could matter. Maybe. Would have to watch more of both to be sure tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad